Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: Which Background Do You Like The Best?
1 2 6.06%
2 4 12.12%
3 6 18.18%
4 5 15.15%
5 2 6.06%
6 2 6.06%
7 0 0%
8 1 3.03%
9 1 3.03%
10 0 0%
11 3 9.09%
12 0 0%
13 1 3.03%
14 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-13-2011, 03:15 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

draw a picture and put it as your background... doesnt get much more creative than that... alright ill shut up... i voted for 3

Old 02-13-2011, 03:17 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My stick-figures might put the fish in shock. :p

McLumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Sorry McL I voted number 1 as I love the light effect, then I spotted the fish that I hadn't seen (due to the small iPhone display and my eyesight ). Sorry to skew the results, but can you change my vote from background 1 to 2?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium
Old 02-17-2011, 11:32 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvtdgrif View Post
Sorry McL I voted number 1 as I love the light effect, then I spotted the fish that I hadn't seen (due to the small iPhone display and my eyesight ). Sorry to skew the results, but can you change my vote from background 1 to 2?
Thanks

Sadly, I don't have the ability to change votes, (I'm lacking the mighty mod power). I will, however, use my vote towards number 2 for you. But, fish shouldn't deter you from voting for the design if you truly like it. As I mentioned in an earilier post, I can more than likely crop out the fish.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about the results being messed up. This is more of a fun thread to see what design is deemed most popular with the masses.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:55 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLumpy

Sadly, I don't have the ability to change votes, (I'm lacking the mighty mod power). I will, however, use my vote towards number 2 for you. But, fish shouldn't deter you from voting for the design if you truly like it. As I mentioned in an earilier post, I can more than likely crop out the fish.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about the results being messed up. This is more of a fun thread to see what design is deemed most popular with the masses.
I guess you could always Photoshop that fish out! I which case my vote for number 1 still stands

Old 02-23-2011, 03:39 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Exclamation Poll Closing Early

Well, I got my QT set up faster than I thought, so I've decided to close this poll early. It will still show up as being open until 3/12, but I'll be going w/ the background voted most popular on 2/25 11:00 PM (CST) .

One of the main reasons I'm doing this is because I will only have my fish in the QT for another 3 weeks, (that is if I don't have an issue), and it will take some time to print the background. Seeing as how I wanted to post a pic of the entire setup, (fish included), closing the poll early will make things easier.

So, um, hurry up and VOTE! In the interim, I will get my template prepared for printing.

Oh, just a reminder, the February pic polls are up too and there are some really cool photos! Be sure to check them out and vote!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great idea with the the background! I really really like 3, 4, 5, and 11! Those are some awesome backgrounds
Lol, I'm having trouble deciding, too!

In the end, I voted for 11 because I thought it was very unique, cool looking, and adds a lot of depth all at the same time. 3 is so cool looking, but didn't seem natural to me for an underwater environment. 4 is another nice greenery scene. I liked five at first, mainly because the rock is nice and it makes the fish stand out more, but figured that as long as your going with a unique, awesome looking background, go for #11! It's COOL

~20 Gallon Community, ~5 Gallon Betta
mandy2936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I pick 4 I like the greenery and the driftwood.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:29 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thank you for the votes Mandy and Tracey!

If anyone would like to use the backgrounds, just PM me and I will give you the link to my photobucket, (I would prefer to do it this way in lieu of publishing the link).

Keep in mind that I cannot take credit for the photos. They were found by doing an extensive google search so I don't know if they are copyrighted or not. With that being said, I ask that you respect the photographers and only print the photos for personal use.

Also, the resolution isn't the best, so they wouldn't look too good on a tank bigger than 10 gallons. So if anyone wants to dress up their small tanks, (or even use the backgrounds as their wallpaper on their computer), feel free to contact me.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:40 AM   #20
Planted Tank Addict

Send a message via MSN to daileene Send a message via Yahoo to daileene Send a message via Skype™ to daileene
There's something serene about #14...but if the fish in it are a problem, then maybe you can crop them out?

5G Planted|10G Planted|10G Planted #2|10G Paludarium #3|20G Long Planted|20G Long Planted#2
"Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous." (1 Cor. 13:4a)
daileene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
background, quarantine tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com