Help Me Choose A QT Background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Background Do You Like The Best?

Votes: 2 6.1%

Votes: 4 12.1%

Votes: 6 18.2%

Votes: 5 15.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.0%

Votes: 3 9.1%

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry if my post seemed aggressive, it wasn't meant to be. Fish in QT are far more territorial and less tolerant of other species and especially conspecifics (it's a stressful period). Fish will react to backgrounds on main displays (I've seen some ugly head-on collisions with glass), but their environment is much more "tolerable" (established territories, not being medicated, "natural" environments, etc.). I'm not saying what you want to do is horrible by any means, just giving you the possible downsides I've experienced :)

Ok, listen, I took the first part of your post as being rude, (not aggressive). That was the reason for my retort. Like I stated in the opening post, I'm open to input. I did take the rest of your post into consideration, (despite the fact that the use of the background has now changed). My fish have another 2 weeks in the tank, (that is unless something changes), so the background would only be on the tank for around a week.

When I started this thread I didn't intend on getting more fish as quickly as I did. But that's how it goes. Regardless, it has been interesting to see what backgrounds appeal to others. Which is why I continued the thread instead of having a mod lock the thread.

No hard feelings. :)

Sorry if I was part of that... I don't know if you were talking about all off topic or just the ones that nearly started a fight.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

And the winner is...

(I guess this means I need to get to work.)

I truly appreciated everyone's advice and votes! (y) I honestly couldn't be more pleased w/ the outcome... it should look nice! :D

I'll be uploading a pic hopefully some time in the next week or so. Speaking of which, my fish are doing really well and are healthy, so I'm hoping to move them over to my DT after taking pics.

Also, it appears as though my husband enjoys having a tank in our office, (which really came to a surprise to me! lol). Seeing as how he has always wanted to have a Betta, I've decided to get a 10g setup for the Betta and store away my QT.

So, I guess the background will be placed on that tank. Of course, I will experiment w/ how the Betta reacts to it first before I consider permanently affixing it to the tank.

Anyway, thanks again! :D

P.S. Sorry for the post delay... I've been extremely sick. :(

Background

Well... I FINALLY got a pic of the background! It looks extremely nice on the Betta tank that I set-up today! I couldn't be happier! :D

Before adding the background, my Betta was constantly flaring his gills at the HOB filter. He calmed down immediately after the background was added. So, I guess he approves? lol

Anyway, here it is...

Attachments

• AA-Aq029.jpg
    AA-Aq029.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 99
Wait what? I'm confused here... I thought you chose #3 for your QT... what is that picture of?

Wait what? I'm confused here... I thought you chose #3 for your QT... what is that picture of?

Originally, I was going to add it to my QT, but after my husband expressed interest in having a Betta tank, I decided to add it to that tank instead. Not to mention, too many people suggested that a background placed on a QT for longterm was a bad idea.

Until the Betta tank was considered, I was going to just add the background to the QT, take a pic, and remove it from the tank. But, by the time I completed the print, I had already moved my fish to my display tank.

very very nice.....I guess your betta love the calmness of it...

Thanks! :D

Believe it or not, I thought the background would make him flair worse. Instead, he moved away from the corner where the HOB filter is and started swimming throughout the rest of the tank.

I uploaded a few pics to an album on my profile of him and 1 of the 2 ADF's that are in the tank with him, if anyone is interested, feel free to take a look. He's a beautiful li'l guy and is getting along great w/ my ADF's!

That looks gorgeous! :)

Thanks! :D I changed the decor a bit since I took the pic, so it looks a little different. I also added a light behind the background and it makes the background "glow" at night. I plan on taking more pics soon, and uploading them to the thread via the link in my signature. Hopefully I can get a good pic of the tank w/ just the background light turned on. It really looks cool!

Edit: Pics are uploaded. (y)

Keep it "woodsy" girl !!

I liked it, nice job.

HA! Thanks! Actually I had to move my stump decor from my 55g in there and took out the rock and the branched decor. Long story short, there was a gap at the base of the branched decor and I lost an ADF because of it. :( The stump looks way better anyway and definitely makes the tank look more "woodsy". ;)

Back
Top Bottom