Help me pick names!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megi-lin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a group of names picked. My fry is named Juniper. (Also, how old should fry be before you add adult males? Juniper is a baby female.)
I have these options for the adult ladies:
-Thelma
-Ethel
-Louise
-Lucy

Any other name suggestions are welcomed.

1487701244978.jpg1487701261342.jpg

I like Ethel and Lucy! The "I Love Lucy" theme is great.
I'm partial to "people names", especially rarer ones or futuristic ones (but that's just the writer I am coming through.)
Some I can think of off the top of my head are Myra, Lexi, Eliza, Ellaluna, Beatrice, Maribel, Evelyn, and Clarissa.
I also like Nyx, Nova, Terra, and Luna.
You could also give them names based on their color or personality.
Like Sunny, Daffodil, Dandelion, Daisy, Sunshine, Blaze, Pumpkin, Lemon, Custard, or Dawn.

I really like the names Ethel and Louise :) I add males in with my females once they're fully grown, healthy, and seem interested in breeding. This could be at any age depending on the temps, what they're fed, and how many are kept together

I had a male named Sunny (brother was Bono.) They both died unfortunately. I may do Ethel and Lucy because they pretty much do everything together and seem to have fun. I like Louise because a good friend is named Louise.

My bloodworm bottle says to feed them twice a day with it. But it is my understanding that you should feed other foods as well like the pellets I was doing. But constipation has been much better and they don't poop so often with the bloodworms added to their diet. Juniper came about on Jan 28 or maybe Jan 18. I don't know how to tell if when she is fully grown. But I know that 3 weeks to 1 month is definitely not fully grown.

My tank is set to 80°F. I don't mind if they breed, I just don't have a set up for fry. But I know it is good to have males and females. I was told all makes will end up fighting so you need females...

Back
Top Bottom