Help! Pico or a planted tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And my favorites, my babies

img_1369692_0_7d13877b148e82eaf1c65c11a99e7c33.jpg

So I re painted the back of the 10g and it looks really good! I'm gonna get the substrate tomorrow and check out some plants, guessing I won't find anything that looks good as usual. lol

I also bought a 10g tank stand today, $30 for a stand for a $14 tank geezzz

I'm also maybe planning on buying the spec also. It's out of stock on amazon for now, I will keep an eye on it. :-D

Ok so I'm working on ordering a Pico. I have cut it down to 2 choices. The only difference between the two is the filter. One has a canister type filter that sits behind the tank. The other has a regular old hob looking one. I'm liking the canister filter one cause it has trays and I can put my own media choices in. The other one has cartridges and not much room for media of my choosing. The canister one is $15 more.

Here are the links, what do you guys think? The hob or canister one?
Pico 4g Glass Deluxe+

Pico 4g Glass

Well, I like it but I wanted a small tank. 4g is my max LOL. I also like that the ones I'm looking at have a light that will work with some corals. :) No crazy mods for me. :-D

Just not sure on the filter choices.....do you think the canister will be too obtrusive?

That's why I didn't like the first one, that big canister takes away from the elegance of the pico tank.

yeah, thats exactly what i was thinking. I was just tempted by the filtration and the option to run my personal media. lol

This tank is going in the kitchen in a corner so it might not be too noticeable.

But yeah, I will take your vote into consideration. Now if I can just get some one else to read my thread. hehehe...

Back
Top Bottom