Originally Posted by Fishy Aston
Some corys are poiosonous.
I got posionen once and my finger went numb for 1 hour.
All was fine though and i am still living now
Sorry pet peeve. Teaching moment !
"Poison is absorbed or ingested; a poisonous animal can only deliver toxic chemicals if another animal touches or eats it.
Venom, on the other hand, is always injected. Every venomous animal has a mechanism to inject toxins directly into another animal. Stab with tails. Slash with spines. Pierce with fangs. Spike with spurs. Shoot with harpoons. Chew with teeth.
For example, frogs are usually poisonous while snakes are usually venomous."
Cories and other Catfish can be mildly venemous. Reactions can vary. Here is an interesting thread on this subject:
So unless you ate your catfish you were not poisoned
You were stung and reacted to the venom.
No one has died from a Cory sting. But it can hurt.