help plz any one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ucantcmesleigh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi here i have a mollie fish that i brought that was black with silver spots. ive owned her for 2 weeks now when i woke up this morning it looks like a chunk has been took out of her but i have no fish in the tank that would do this as they are mollies and 3 guppys. some one has suggested she might have been caught on decorations or on the filter or white spot as im new to owning fish i dont know whats going on can any one help me plz any advive givin will be greatful. 20181014_135221.jpg20181014_135230.jpg

hi here i have a mollie fish that i brought that was black with silver spots. ive owned her for 2 weeks now when i woke up this morning it looks like a chunk has been took out of her but i have no fish in the tank that would do this as they are mollies and 3 guppys. some one has suggested she might have been caught on decorations or on the filter or white spot as im new to owning fish i dont know whats going on can any one help me plz any advive givin will be greatful. View attachment 310645View attachment 310646

Hi! welcome to AA! Since you say you're new to fish keeping I was going to ask. you a few questions about your setup.
1) how long has the tank been setup
2) how big is it?
3) what temp do you keep it at and have you ever tested the water for ammonia, nitrite and nitrates
Once you answer those we will be able to help you a lot more. As for your fish, the white patch can really be anything. It could be simple as a scratch from a decoration, but normally when a fish has white patches like that and is clamping its fins (clamped fins are never a good sign) it is a sign of disease. Once you answer those questions about your setup we can recommend a specific course of action! (y)

Hi! welcome to AA! Since you say you're new to fish keeping I was going to ask. you a few questions about your setup.
1) how long has the tank been setup
2) how big is it?
3) what temp do you keep it at and have you ever tested the water for ammonia, nitrite and nitrates
Once you answer those we will be able to help you a lot more. As for your fish, the white patch can really be anything. It could be simple as a scratch from a decoration, but normally when a fish has white patches like that and is clamping its fins (clamped fins are never a good sign) it is a sign of disease. Once you answer those questions about your setup we can recommend a specific course of action! (y)

hi the tank has been setup an cycled for a month i added fish after about 2 weeks in. ive got an 100litre tank mate. and going to get the water tested today from pets at home. and the temp is 26c. cheers for the help guys

Make sure to get the actual numbers of the things they test for, all the numbers will be possible clues to the problems.

The tank is likely not really cycled yet.

Also if you change the filter pads, or rinse them in straight tap water (can kill BB), lose the BB in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom