Help? weird worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

svbaner123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I have a crab tank and I found these little worms wiggling around and hiding in the sand after a water change... what are they and can they hurt my crabs? IMG_1321.jpg

I don't know what variety of worm you have but if it's visible to the naked eye it's probably not parasitic, just a gunk eater. I'm sure there are tank medications that will exterminate the worms but with crabs the meds are likely to wipe them out too. Might be best to handle the problem like a snail infestation, starve them out, or introduce a species of fish that will eat them. Good luck.

The crabs pick thru the sand and eat stuff out of it on the days I don't feed them so you think they'd eat the worms?

Hey im new to this and i think its prettt amazing that worms appeared out of no where.the sea life is so fascinating

Aby, the worms were introduced into the tank by hitching a ride on either food, plants, rocks or even the crabs. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom