here again more nemo horror

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well after speaking with some local fish stores.. a lot of these parents think that keeping a clown fish in a bowl, and yes I say b-o-w-l, is possible. It wouldn't be hard to just dump the water with only a bowl to deal with, even for a little kid. They see a betta and assume the rest... and unknowledgable parents do the same.. I just hope some fish store sales people just don't let it happen, thankfully the one I go to doesn't sell their clown fish easily...

Hara said:
I do not think the makers of the movie are to blame for this, anymore than the makers of the movie where the guy lay down on the yellow line on the highway was to blame for the moron kids that thought they would try it and then died.

Just a useless fact:

"Finding Nemo" and "The Program" (where the kids layed in the road) were both distributed by Touchstone Pictures.

On topic:

It would be great if LFS's could educate everyone, but in reality they cannot. If they stopped people from buying fish until they learned about proper care they would go out of business. Those people would just spend their money at a different store that didn't give them a big "hassle".

Rob

U know what *beep* me off is the extent people acutally belive that fish are some "lower form of life" because we cant interact with them like dogs or cats.
And...not to mention that many would beg to differ about not being able to interact with fish. I, for one have tons of fun "interacting" with my fish...and yes I have been known to pet them. I "chase" them around the tank with my finger and I'm in the process of training mine to do tricks...and when I talk they listen...and I'll shut up now cause I sound really wacko! :mrgreen:

Aw JeeZZZ! You mean THAT many people didn't tell the kids "now, honey; Mr. Finny gin CAN"T really get to the ocean by toliet..he would go to chlorination plant and be "processed". ?
Poor fishies.....

On an upside, has anyone read the article entitled, "Fixing Nemo"? It was written in the New York Times a couple of weekends ago about vets dealing with fish. Interesting article--my sister cut it out and sent it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom