Here's one for you all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol,
Odd question.

My Oscar had bubbles come from his rear end after he went toilet.
About 3 or so big bubbles that floated to the top and did not pop for a long while.

Could be from too much protein in diet.

It stopped now though.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do fish fart?

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

While I've never seen gas bubbles coming from the butts of my fish, it would make sense for them to fart. But, most of the air in farts is swallowed and only a small amount is generated by the gut.

Yes. I believe its herring that fart to communicate. My Senegal bichir had some tail floating issues going on shortly after getting it. Being afraid it was having swim bladder problems and was gonna die, I watched it closely for awhile and I swear it farted. Once it happened, tail went down and never came back up. Change of diet caused gas I reckon.

Jesse

Herring fart to communicate? Lol

Lol I thought it would bring lots of bubbliness to the forum.

I would hate to be the Herring in the in the middle of the shoal. Hey Harry where are you? Brrrrrrt, oh there you are! Lol

Loaches fart because I've read they can swallow atmospheric air and release it through the rear. I've seen my angelicus do so. Also I owned a golden weather loach at one point and he would do so too. Very funny to witness.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is it air? Or a type of gas is the next question.

I've seen cories do it(I about lost my mind the first time I saw it, lol) and any fish that feeds heavily at the surface has a chance of doing it

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom