Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-15-2005, 04:28 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Hi, my name is Bill...

... and I'm addicted to the World of Warcraft. It has come to my attention that I am, in fact, addicted. Many addictions cause one to neglect their friends and family. Part of the recovery from addiction is to make right by those you've neglected. If I have neglected any of you, you have my heart felt apologies.

The first step to recovery, is admitting you have a problem. My name is Bill, and I have a problem.

((( This is half true, half joke. I am addicted.. but i love it! Any other addicted members care to stand up and participate in group? )))

Old 09-15-2005, 05:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi, my name is Joseph.... and I also have a problem.

WoW is my e-life. Every day I am on thottbot looking at items and quests (when I'm supposed to be working. Ha!). I get off at 4:00, head home, eat dinner, that fun stuff. By 5 or 5:30, I'm in the game with other guild members. This lasts until anywhere from 10:00 to 12:00 PM. Weekends are another story. During any day off (weekends), I'm always logged in and playing whenever possible. The joys of having 3 PC's and a laptop with LAN wired in at every outlet is that I can become "mobile" within my house while still playing.

So for anyone else "addicted", look me up on Stormreaver PvP under "Naxy". I agree that I am addicted, but it's fun. One of the best games I've played to date.... and I'm only 22.

Yes, I am addicted to World of Warcraft. Got a problem with it?

Rena Filstar XP2
Pressurized CO2 w/SMS122

29 Gallon Goldfish
4" Red/White Ryunkin
4" Orange Fantail
Penguin 100
AquaClear 20
Old 09-15-2005, 05:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have given up on WoW for the time being. It just wasn't fun anymore..and I decided I needed to whip my butt back into shape, so not playing WoW for 5 hours every night has opened up lots of free time for me!

Nothing was as bad as my addiction to Final Fantasy XI...and the turmoil that involved when I quit that game. 18 months of 6-14 hour playing sessions every day..friendships forged, and then betrayal that shattered some of them.

Yeah, FFXI is teh evil!
Old 09-15-2005, 07:55 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
Luckily, my only exposure to WoW is the video/voice capture where "Leroy Jenkins AFK" comes back to the game oblivious to the rest of the party's plans of entering a very dangerous room.

He yells "LEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYYYYY" and runs into the room. The rest of the party follows and they all die while cursing him. Classic. Instant classic.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:50 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

HAHAHAHA, I've seen that one as well. How about the "Lightening Bolt" one where there are quite of few peeps outside "playing" WoW? Ha!

(I'll get the link when I get home).
Rena Filstar XP2
Pressurized CO2 w/SMS122

29 Gallon Goldfish
4" Red/White Ryunkin
4" Orange Fantail
Penguin 100
AquaClear 20
Old 09-20-2005, 10:16 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

The leroy video was funny the first few times, but like every other "instant classic" it becomes everyones catch phrase IN THE GAME and it loses it's humor after about the three hundreth time. Note that the three hundreth time was probably in the span of less than an hour... i hate it when funny things are destroyed by over-use.

but i digress.

My addiction is running strong. I'm only 2 levels away from the cap at 60 even though I've been playing since beta. I just enjoy exploring and taking my time to have fun. Probably why it's still fun for me. That and having a wife who plays the game on her own account right next to me probably helps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com