High nitrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david718

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys I do weekly water changes my tank is pretty clear but I still have high nitrate what can I do to fix that problem it's a cichlid tank

I do 30% every Friday and I'd say it's at about 50 it's a hot pink

Okay. This is what i would do if it were my tank: I would change 50% every Friday. I try to keep my Nitrates 20 ppm or less. Plants will NOT absorb all Nitrates and that is where the partial Water Changes (PWCs) come in.

Okay. This is what i would do if it were my tank: I would change 50% every Friday. I try to keep my Nitrates 20 ppm or less. Plants will NOT absorb all Nitrates and that is where the partial Water Changes (PWCs) come in.

So just keep doing what I have been doing ?also want to point out that the tank is a little over a month old

Keep doing what you're doing! Watch those Nitrates! Changing water is the cheapest way for healthy long-lived fish (and plants). I love to hear it when a newbie changes water!

Keep doing what you're doing! Watch those Nitrates! Changing water is the cheapest way for healthy long-lived fish (and plants). I love to hear it when a newbie changes water!

I'm trying to everything right fort fish.. thanks for your help I really appreciate it

if you can, get some more plants. they won't completely fix the problem but they'll help. there are also water treatments to help detoxify the nitrates in the water. i believe the one i've used is Prime from Seachem. Detoxifies Nitrates, Nitrites, and Ammonia. It's definitely helped me when I had high nitrate levels that I couldn't get under control. Good luck!

if you can, get some more plants. they won't completely fix the problem but they'll help. there are also water treatments to help detoxify the nitrates in the water. i believe the one i've used is Prime from Seachem. Detoxifies Nitrates, Nitrites, and Ammonia. It's definitely helped me when I had high nitrate levels that I couldn't get under control. Good luck!

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom