Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-30-2008, 01:10 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

highs and lows of the holidays... i guess

well upon one of the top weeks of the year comes without a doubt the worst

after getting strep throat i have had to stay home all week... which normally is great.. ive got a thousand things to do around the house.. moreso the garage. so i go out flip on the compressor and get a sad sad conk out... and even tho i know whats wrong with it.. i cant touch it because if i do my warentee is void... so now ive got to move 3-400 lbs of compressor to my truck.. then out of my truck into the store then wait a week for them to do something that would have taken 15 minutes.... lovely... but not the worst.

yesterday morning i get up walk up stairs to find dog puke EVERYWHERE... and when i say everywhere i mean everywhere.... but not just puke... puke with presents.... about a dozen cigarette butts in the puke... and no one in my family smokes.... but the (bleep) neighbour (bleep) daughter does and has been caught throwing the butts over the fence in the past. so thats fine and dandy... but upon picking up the dogs to go bath them i realize that they are all covered in chewing gum... which again the neighbours daughter has been caught throwing into our back yard.... so i do the first thing that comes to mind... call the vet who is a good friend of mine. go and pick up some meds... for the cheap price of 140 dollars (this is for all 3 dogs which total a weight of 40lbs) and upon arriving home call the police... the police simply tell me without concrete proof they cant do anything.... so i wrote a note... attaching the vet bill to it and stated that i expected compensation... but i dont see it happening....

so now im let with no other choices but pay back... any ideas?

-Brad

Old 12-30-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to Tank2379 Send a message via Yahoo to Tank2379
Um. get a video camera and catch her in the act then report her. they sell the ones you can connect to your computer wirelessly and they are very small she'll never know that they are there.....

Tank2379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

isnt it illegal to video tape someone without their consent ?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Pay back, hmmmmmm not a good idea. You can continue to ask the neighbor, but they could very well call for harassment eventually. I would document (write out and date) the events and take pictures of any future incidents including cigarette butts, gum, etc. on your side of the fence. You may even be able to get a picture of your dog trying to eat one if you're patient. Any pictures will provide visual evidence along with the littering of your yard. I don't suppose you belong to a community where you could complain to the board?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:36 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

nope.... i was just gunna salt their ice rink lol but you guy have some better ideas
Old 12-30-2008, 01:39 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Sedore View Post
isnt it illegal to video tape someone without their consent ?
As long as it's consider a Security camera. Your keeping your house safe and your property... But I would not direct them toward any neighbors house just in the area and if she shows up in that area doing her dirty work then you got her.... It's not your fault she walked up to your security camera
Old 12-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

are you talking about those little web cams that are long but very very narrow? ive got one of those that i could wire up.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:54 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

There you go.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:57 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

I say its time to egg a car and teepee a house!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:04 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishypop22 View Post
I say its time to egg a car and teepee a house!
last year when i caught them throwing dog poo over the fence i put 30 gallons of instant milk mix in their pool...so egging or Tping... just doesnt cut it anymore.

-Brad

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com