highs and lows of the holidays... i guess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brad.Sedore

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well upon one of the top weeks of the year comes without a doubt the worst

after getting strep throat i have had to stay home all week... which normally is great.. ive got a thousand things to do around the house.. moreso the garage. so i go out flip on the compressor and get a sad sad conk out... and even tho i know whats wrong with it.. i cant touch it because if i do my warentee is void... so now ive got to move 3-400 lbs of compressor to my truck.. then out of my truck into the store then wait a week for them to do something that would have taken 15 minutes.... lovely... but not the worst.

yesterday morning i get up walk up stairs to find dog puke EVERYWHERE... and when i say everywhere i mean everywhere.... but not just puke... puke with presents.... about a dozen cigarette butts in the puke... and no one in my family smokes.... but the (bleep) neighbour (bleep) daughter does and has been caught throwing the butts over the fence in the past. so thats fine and dandy... but upon picking up the dogs to go bath them i realize that they are all covered in chewing gum... which again the neighbours daughter has been caught throwing into our back yard.... so i do the first thing that comes to mind... call the vet who is a good friend of mine. go and pick up some meds... for the cheap price of 140 dollars (this is for all 3 dogs which total a weight of 40lbs) and upon arriving home call the police... the police simply tell me without concrete proof they cant do anything.... so i wrote a note... attaching the vet bill to it and stated that i expected compensation... but i dont see it happening....

so now im let with no other choices but pay back... any ideas?

-Brad

Um. get a video camera and catch her in the act then report her. they sell the ones you can connect to your computer wirelessly and they are very small she'll never know that they are there.....

Pay back, hmmmmmm not a good idea. You can continue to ask the neighbor, but they could very well call for harassment eventually. I would document (write out and date) the events and take pictures of any future incidents including cigarette butts, gum, etc. on your side of the fence. You may even be able to get a picture of your dog trying to eat one if you're patient. Any pictures will provide visual evidence along with the littering of your yard. I don't suppose you belong to a community where you could complain to the board?

nope.... i was just gunna salt their ice rink lol but you guy have some better ideas

isnt it illegal to video tape someone without their consent ?

As long as it's consider a Security camera. Your keeping your house safe and your property... But I would not direct them toward any neighbors house just in the area and if she shows up in that area doing her dirty work then you got her.... It's not your fault she walked up to your security camera ;)

are you talking about those little web cams that are long but very very narrow? ive got one of those that i could wire up.

I say its time to egg a car and teepee a house!

last year when i caught them throwing dog poo over the fence i put 30 gallons of instant milk mix in their pool...so egging or Tping... just doesnt cut it anymore.

-Brad

Sorry for your dogs being affected by the girl's ignorance. I'm afraid no one should be recommending revenge. Legalities and all. I would set up a security camera and catch her in the act and call the police. Have you spoken to the parents directly?

yes i have. and they have sent the daughter over to pick them up.... many times. these people are just ignorent and this is not the first out ive had with them.... a basketball shaped dent... in the side of my truck.... beside their basketball net... which is set up illegal... and the mom said "how can you prove that my kids did it... just the scum of the earth these people are.... the only thing that gives me any peice of mind now with them is revenge... but a nice fine would make me feel pretty happy too.

-Brad

ooooohhhhh. How bout cornstarch in the pool? Or Jello mix? Or how about Putting Mayo and Ketchup all over their car. I have to get back at my neighbor to about 8 monthes ago my dog pooped in his front yard once. Only once. He threatened to kill my dog, then another dog started to poop in his yard not, ours. He would call us and complain. Two months ago he ran over my dog. Poor Dog died. Family is still heart broken. He got out when we were fixing our fence. Our good neighbor saw him get hit by the bad neighbor. we were going to sue but we didnt have enough evidence. Now I really want to get back at him. He watches us to from his window.

buy a generator... remove the muffler. and run it as long as bylaws permit.

-Brad

cars are a bad target if you asked me... too much monitary value.. youll get yourself in big troubles with damaging cars.

something unprovable is best. getting the town involved is always best... the guy whos legally in the right always gets the last laugh. review your codes. review what he could have wrong.. like when we first moved here and they started on us we had the town come and inspect the drain off... which thier deck impeded.... no more deck plus a fine for voilation of code.... copy of town code... 0 dollars... call to the town 25 cents... 3000 dollar fine.... priceless....

-Brad

Do they ever leave any windows open? If so then take a hose over to his place when he isnt there. And hose the inside of his house. Dont go in though. You want to make sure that there is no evidence that you did it. Stole that from a friend. He did it after a guy was having fun scaring his 3 year old sister with fire. The world these days people are so heartless. I like the jello idea or anything that you cant see that when he got in the pool would freak him out. Or another idea is that you could go and buy a nice scary lookin halloween mask and a flash light and get by his window some random night when he is going to sleep and shine the light in your face ( which is covered by the mask ) then after he has his scare you shut the light off and take off running home or in some near by woods which ever is closer. Make sure your in your house fairly quick and that you dont leave any evidence of what you did because he might call the cops. Or atleast thats the kind of person that he sounds like.

I'm so sorry about your dog that was run over. I had one jump out the back of my dads truck b4 and it got runover by the car behind us. All i saw was the dog gush blood the second it was run over ( at 60mph ). After that i never could get my self to look at it.i couldnt force myself to get another dog for a long time after that.

But thats behind me now and i now have 2 dogs. my oldest dog is spoiled rotten. Shes some type of mut and is fat as can be. And the other was given to us just so we could heal it. It had been on a chain fo a long time and one day it ripped on the chainn to hard and the chain cut right through its neck. Mostly the top part ( thank god { it probably would have died if it had been the bottom part of his neck}). I mean it cut so far that you could litterally see the bone. But it healed up over time and is alright now. Its spoiled to. I think that he thinks every meal is his last bc he goes nuts every time he sees food. :D

At least you never have to worry about fish getting runover or jumping out of the back of a truck. :)

I'd say if you're having this many repeat problems with the same neighbor, I would consider setting up a camera. All it takes is 15 minutes to set it up, and then forget about it until they do their next dirty deed. Make a copy of the tape and call the Police, problem solved.

That's really sad that they have no respect for you, your pets, or your property. Best of luck, hope the pooch is feeling better. :)

Back
Top Bottom