Holiday Leftovers - How was your Thanksgiving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdellin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is anyone else sitting in bed online at 11:30 pm PST thinking about eating again? Why can't I leave the pumpkin pie alone!

My husband is out of town, so we didn't do the big family thing, everyone else just happened to have options, except for my sister, niece and step-daughter. This was probably the best, least stressful Thanksgiving dinner I've ever had. Just the four of us, didn't need the leaf for the table and the dogs, for some unknown reason, didn't line up at the table!

My 23-year-old daughter cooked her first Thanksgiving dinner for her boyfriend and his daughter. She said everything came out perfect! I'm so proud of her and I'm not even going to mention the fact that she used all my recipes and called me every 10 minutes for five hours.

:D Glad you had a stress free Thanksgiving Sharon.

This was my 2nd Thanksgiving without any family (except my wife). All of my sisters are dispersed now so getting together even for a holiday is not easy. Soooooo Tara and I wound up at a restaurant with some friends and their family. Although it was very kind of them to include us, it kind of sucked being with so many strangers on what I remember as a great family day.

Thinking back to Thanksgivings past, my grandfather being the great patriarch, would host a massive table. I know there used to be over 30 of us. Aunts, uncles, cousins, parents, grandparents and great grandparents made for a very warm and special gathering. What terrific memories though. :)

This year my wife had to work Thanksgiving day so we worked out to have a little meal on Wed night. We had some friends over for a nice dinner at the house. We got one of those precooked frozen birds. They are nice for us turkey rookies since its just thaw for a few days and pop in oven for two hours or so. Wife made up the dressing, mashed taters, mac and cheese and gravy. Some friends brought cake and green been something or the other.

I have been eating leftovers for two days now and there is still no end in sight.

I happened to have a ton of family over. Let's see, my wife's mother and father and sister + bf and daughter, one of her aunts, one of her nieces who also brought her two kids and hubby, my son his gf and granddaughter, my best friend and his gf, and my son's two best friends.

Going in, my wife really didn't want a large bird...was going for a 13lb. Thank goodness cooler heads prevailed, we would have run out of turkey for the first time ever. :D

fishfreek said:
We got one of those precooked frozen birds. They are nice for us turkey rookies since its just thaw for a few days and pop in oven for two hours or so.

I have been eating leftovers for two days now and there is still no end in sight.

How was the precooked bird, I've heard about them, but not tried it. Speaking of leftovers, isn't that the best part, the "no-end-in-site" part?

Gee, looky, we get to do it again in a month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom