Holy SQUID Batman!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmaji

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been intrested in the giant squid ever since I was a kid and first heard about them being found in washed up wales.. I wondered when the day would come when one would be found alive.. hmm story came out yesterday.. :D

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/09/0927_050927_giant_squid.html

roughly 25ft or 8meters depending on your measuring system.. :p

I heard they got alot bigger at adulthood.. but its pretty cool anyway.. :p

too bad they injured it.. :? well.. could have been worse..

wow, that is pretty cool that they finally photographed a live one. I don't know why everyone is so surprised that they are active eats. If you ever watch the smaller ones you'd figure the larger ones were just the same (especially because they probably need to eat more as well! ) But it does suck that they hurt it. I don't like the idea that they baited and hooked it :? However, so long as the damage to the tentacle is all that happened, it should be okay.

They creep me out completely. Especially since some scientists predict squid will one day be the dominant species on earth. They're smart like primates in the sea.

yea.. from my understanding the tenticals are kinda like lizard tails.. in that they grow back most likely..
maybe someone could correct me if Im wrong on this..

Im all for evolution and such but Im kinda at a loss as to when scientists think human evolution will end, I can see evidance of evolution in humans now.. maybe Im just weird like that..

And I dont know why it would be creepy.. that particular speices of squid is likely anchent.. possibly antiquated in the squid world (amongst the new squid croud).. J/K :mrgreen:

greenmaji said:
.. hmm story came out yesterday.. :D

Um...yesterday? When this did hit, a few months back, I danced for hours....I have been waiting for footage of Architeuthis for decades.....now for some Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni footage. :D

That is pretty cool, I LOVE Squid. :) Cute IMO.

And yes, the story broke on September 27th, 2005 but the pics were taken in September 2004.

That is very cool......Awesome to see that there are live legendairy beasts roaming the deep-seas..... :)

Toirtis said:
greenmaji said:
.. hmm story came out yesterday.. :D

Um...yesterday? When this did hit, a few months back, I danced for hours....I have been waiting for footage of Architeuthis for decades.....now for some Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni footage. :D

Fishyfanatic said:
And yes, the story broke on September 27th, 2005 but the pics were taken in September 2004.

double wamy.. lol
I didnt know.. I should have put in a ?
I had just seen the artical and thats when it was dated..

And I flipped out Toirtis.. And are you sure you hadn't been waiting longer then that? I thought you were older then me.. LOL (by a little bit anyway :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom