Holy Tank Envy, Batman!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek2: That is AMAZING!!
I wish that I had an old garage that I didn't need to turn into a tank.

Of course, I'd probably end up living in there by myself, since my wife would probably leave me :oops:

I wonder how expensive it would be to do that??

Because, a nice, brand new tank and stand setup can be several thousand

:shocked!: :eek2: :eek2:
Construction must have taken months...not to mention...how do you acclimate fish that big??? I mean...a plastic bag floating in the tank is sorta out of the question. :D

Yet, sadly, that tank, despite being circa 3750-5000 gallons, is arguably a bit small for one Arapaima, much less three with big tankmates like two gar and a TSN.

Sati said:
How do you do water changes that huge? How do you filter it all? Crazy :p

Very easy....3" drain hose, and a small fire-hose to fill. Filtration would be easy enough to engineer, but require some fair lucre to power.

I would love to have something like that set up with African Cichlids or like 500 Tetra's schooling.

Toirtis said:
Sati said:
How do you do water changes that huge? How do you filter it all? Crazy :p

Very easy....3" drain hose, and a small fire-hose to fill. Filtration would be easy enough to engineer, but require some fair lucre to power.

Well I have trouble sometimes keeping the water temperature regulated for my tank refills. I can only imagine if you had that much to fill :p

I'd imagine a propane heater and a several hundred gallon holding tank for water changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom