Horrible day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok well it all startedyesterday when I went to the airport at 3... AM. We were flying out to Atlanta to then fly out to Aruba for a week. So we gotthere and everything went great all on time and such. Unitl we got on the plane. We ended up sitting there for two hours because apparently there was a big windstorm which dammaged the control tower and the fueling system. So after two hours we finally took off. Not too bad yet? Well to get to Aruba there was a two hour layover so rite when we landed our other flight took off. Well I'll finish the rest of the story later. I have to board for another flight. Thanks

As they say, "Another crappy day in paradise!" LOL, I'm sure it will get better. Enjoy!

Sounds like you're not going to get much sympathy from us... :) Interested in hearing the end, doesn't sound so bad so far... pretty normal compared to some of my travels.

Yeah I know it's not that bad but my tank gets tied into this in a bad way too later but at the moment I gotta go. I don't have any time to type on my phone at the moment. I know illbe laughing at this later but until I'm in Aruba with my bags and without a headache I'll be grumpy. And now I can only hope that my tank is still functioning and hasn't crashed. And I still have 5 days of hoping for a healthy tank.
Thanks for giving me a place to vent and write about my angers to hopefully get rid of them.
Thanks again!

Found more time...
So wehrei left off. We missed the connectiong flight. So thenwe had to wait in a line to try to get on another flight. 2 hours later when we get to the desk, we get a grumpy lady that tells us that the only other flight to Aruba is 3hours later and it's fully booked. So we have to go on standby for 5 people. Ok now my sister is nagging me. More story later. Ugh.
Thanks

I know I know. This is just all I've had to look forward to for 3 months and it's all screwed up.
Ok so we waited to be on standby for 3 hours and in the last ten mins there were a bunch of seats open but then a ton of people showed and there were7 seats left and we (the group of 5) were way down onthe list so with that there was a family of 6 and a single passenger in front of us. So we had to run back in line to wait for another hour to talk to a person for another three hours. Just to get two more flights tomorrow(today now). So we get a hotel booker for two rooms 5 mins away from the airport and now today we've had one flight from Atlanta to Miami. And after a six hour layover not being able to leave the airport walking around with a 45 pound backpack and new uncomfortable shoes. Well here I am now. Cheeted out of two days of a sweet vacation to hopefully to make it to aruba by midnight.

Oh yeah forgot bout the tank. Well apparently the power was out for almost a full day and all they have had is a pinch of flake. We are hoping that power is back and all is well. Well be finding out tomorrow.
Sorry for venting and I'm sure comming off as ignorant/snobby/something else. And as always, Thanks for reading

yea no prob. all good now. sorry for whining. its been great so far. ill be sure to post pictures and tell ya guys how it has been later.
thanks!

No aplogies for whining needed. We were having fun with you in all our glorious, cold, windy, icy envy. :)

Snobby, arrogant?? Don't be too hard on your self. I don't care what the weather is, airport layovers are a pain anyway you look at it.

Hope the fish are OK.

No aplogies for whining needed. We were having fun with you in all our glorious, cold, windy, icy envy. :)

Snobby, arrogant?? Don't be too hard on your self. I don't care what the weather is, airport layovers are a pain anyway you look at it.

Hope the fish are OK.
For real. Yeah griping its normal. especially for teens... lol

looking back at it I had a great time. Cut short but it was still loads of fun. Plenty of pics. I'm mad that my camera doesn't work under water though, I coulda got some sweet shots. Well thanks dr the support through the rough times. Well I gotta get ready for school at six thirty tomorrow.
Thanks!

Aw bugger. It's always rotten when things like that happen. I'm glad it all worked out and your good time was salvaged.

Not that I have much sympathy either. It was 30C here today (around late 80s in F), all my staff are living it up at the beach on summer holidays and I was woken up at 4am by an SMS alert that told me I was about to spend the day stuck in a server room with broken air-con pumping out weather that resembled what Zags is contending with. NOT Cool!!!!! I think I feel a sickie coming on.

School back over there already? How long you get for Xmas break? I thought in the USA you get a few weeks over Xmas....

yeah we do, i had two weeks but we're supposed to go back today (im "sick" because i didnt finish an essay and we got back home late last night). and my 3gal crashed while i was gone. it didnt get topped off so the pump in the filter failed so there was no circulation cuz my other pump was mixing sw. so i lost a bunch of snails and 2 sexy shrimp and 3 hermits. the cube did ok though. cant find my tiny montipora frag, my blasto fell but its doin fine, my trumpet fell onto my torch and is recovering, and my ricordea fell on my frogspawn, both are recovering.
ugh.

Back
Top Bottom