Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-26-2011, 12:07 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

No, unfortunately not. It was instant... Those cabinets did some extreme damage on that tank.

~20 Gallon Community, ~5 Gallon Betta
mandy2936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:10 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy2936
I've got quite the sad story.
Once when I was younger, we kept a Betta on the kitchen counter. It was a nice display and the Betta was full of personality. Well, that Betta happened to be under some over-hanging cabinets, stocked full with apparently some very heavy dishes.

One day, while my mom was feeding the Betta, my brother called her over because something was wrong with the TV. From the other room, everyone heard a loud CRASH. We run into the kitchen to find the cabinets had fallen, shattering all the dishes... And crushing the Betta tank.
It was terrible! especially at my very young age.

However, thank God that the TV wasn't working, or my Mom would have still been standing under those cabinets.

Sent from my iPod touch using the AA app
It's so sad what happened to your fish, but like you said, thank God your mom wasn't standing under them.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:07 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, good thing.

Sent from my iPod touch using the AA app

Old 03-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Bump

God is light, in him there is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5
Emi929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I'm waiting for my 6 year old to do something, I know it's coming, when I get home I'll share some, a few funny, a few sad
Old 03-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

So here's a few. Along time ago I had a betta jump out of the tank, he was so almost dried when we got home but was still breathing figuring he was a goner so I put him back in the tank and went to bed crying. To my suprise in the morning he was swimming around his fins were pretty messed up and covered in dog hair, he lived almost 5 years more!
I decided to by a newt when I was 17 my sister was 16, the thing would crawl between my tanks and no matter how hard I tried it would escape and I would find it in a diffrent tank. So the one morning I couldn't find him when I woke up looked everywhere my mom was madder than a hornet, which didn't compare to when my sister started screaming bloody murder, come to find out she had woken up to my mom yelling to look on the other pillow and seeing a dried up dead newt. In the middle of the night he some how got down to the floor, under my door down the hall under my sister's door and crawled in her bed.
I had moved my Jack Dempsy, Arkight in with me and fiance he was at least 10 years old when we moved into our new apartment I got 2 cats, and he was happy about it he would get all excited when I came home from work, One morning I got up for work and was watching the news I noticed the one cat dragging someting into the middle of the room and continue eating it, figuring it was a mouse I got up to get it away from her and toss it in the garbage. To my horror it was Arkight pretty much eaten, my husband had never heard me scream woke up and came running. He grabbed the cat and was threatening not nice things (I talked him out of it believe it or not, told him the cat didn't know any better.) I burried that fish even gave him a little headstone.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:45 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

mines not so much a horror story as some of these,but here it is:
i have a blue crayfish in my community tank(shes very docile)and she loves digging under ornaments,and after she found out that the ends of my bridge were hollow she would be constanly digging under them,making her caves bigger,then one day she dug a little too much,and ended up trapped under it.it was not uncommon for her to hide for a couple days,and i didnt start looking for her until a week had passed.she still wont go in the bridge caves.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:29 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

My horror story happened today, and once before. We were moving my ACF aptly named Jumper, and she jumped out of the net, about three feet to the ground. We then had to chase her for a moment to get her. Now she's swimming happily in her new ten gallon, no worse for ware.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:33 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Omg! Same thing happened with my ADF!

God is light, in him there is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5
Emi929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:26 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

Same here! LOL! I had JUST opened the fish bag from the pet store, netted him out, and he leapt from the net as I was trying to transfer him into his new home. I was terrified for the 10 seconds that I was panicking while trying to scoop him up from the floor. Apparently, these little guys are slippery and QUICK on a carpet!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com