Horror story!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We should make a web page: "People Of LFS" like people of Wal-mart, lol filled with pics of people holding one gallon tanks with 3 goldfish in bags.

I don't have a completely crazy honor story, but my Orange Prawn Striped Goby has made for several interesting stories. When I purchased him, he jumped out of the bag before the LFS could close it. Took him a sec to get it back in the bag. Then I quickly realized I needed a bigger tank I was in the middle of upgrading my 20g to 40g (that’s gone now, 75g!) and moved a stupid ugly looking piece from the tank I knew I didn't want. I left it on the kitchen counter for about 10 minutes then heard my girlfriend yell GOBY omg GOBY! I put the object back in and he was still fine. He hid in a small little crevice I had no idea was there. He also survived another water quality disaster that my other fish didn't in my 20g when I was starting off. I've had him longer then any of my salt water fish, since mid Jan this year.

Emi929 said:
We should make a web page: "People Of LFS" like people of Wal-mart, lol filled with pics of people holding one gallon tanks with 3 goldfish in bags.

Lol....can be send to "reality TV"....

The trailer for it shows some idiot walk in to the fish section to get his son some CHICH lids as he pronounces it and tells the LFS that tank size requirement is bogus and that it works but the fish "just don't get as big man." Or the stupid mom who wanted to buy her daughter 4 more goldfish when they already had a bunch in a 10g. That's the only time I've seen Petco tell someone NO.

"I got a filter but it's still dirty and mucky what do I do!?!?" AHHHHHH I used to love going to the LFS, now I just want to show up with ear plugs and stare at the fish instead lol

Not sure which part I did that actually killed the fish, but my grandfather had this really nice aquarium when I was about 4 that held a few sharks. Not sure what kind though, but they were big ones I remember. Anyways, although I totally don't remember this and I'll deny it to my dying breath (I think my sister framed me) I had apparently tried to feed the fish and ended up giving the entire jar of food, turning the water to mush. Then once realizing what I did was wrong, I tried scooping out the food, and knocked in the light fixture which back then was this metal light with a fluorescent fixture in it. So...maybe I killed it with the food, maybe with the entire light fixture including ballast under water electrocuting it. I dunno, but I still swear I was framed. If only they had DNA analysis back then! My parents have a blast telling this story to this very day.

i just got another one,i recently bought a rainbow shark for my 20 gallon(i know,too small)but my golden algea eater stressed it out(found out it was a chinese algea eater)so i moved it to my fry/quarantine tank with only a pregnant swordtail and some swordtail fry.the pregnant swordtail was about half the sharks size.just as my sharks fins were starting to get there colour back,the swordtail decided they looked tastey.i got home from school to find large chunks of its fins missing.the swordtail immediately went back to my community tank.then,as if that wasnt bad enough,the shark went and got stuck behind the filter.now i think he has fungus,and my swordtail is going to have her fry in my community tank.

Flake said:
My dog brought me one of my anthias....

My cats eaten 2 guppies and a rainbow shark. :( I really need to get a top on that tank... Or a muzzle for my cat lol.

Homedog98 said:
My cats eaten 2 guppies and a rainbow shark. :( I really need to get a top on that tank... Or a muzzle for my cat lol.

Top. That way your beloved befinned friends don't commit suicide. (Try saying that five times fast!)

Bettababe1011 said:
Top. That way your beloved befinned friends don't commit suicide. (Try saying that five times fast!)

Ya... But why would they? Their tank just finished cycling! They should be loving the ability to BREATH right now!

Homedog98 said:
Ya... But why would they? Their tank just finished cycling! They should be loving the ability to BREATH right now!

Fish have strange reasoning ways. And Elvis may decide he wants that BREATHABLE tank all to himself. Homicide fish style.

Bettababe1011 said:
Fish have strange reasoning ways. And Elvis may decide he wants that BREATHABLE tank all to himself. Homicide fish style.

Not yet... He flares up at the tetras... But they just peck him and zip away... He needs to work on his negotiating skills lol!

Homedog98 said:
Not yet... He flares up at the tetras... But they just peck him and zip away... He needs to work on his negotiating skills lol!

Haha. It was a joke. I thought "Homicide fish style!" was pretty funny! :D

Just came back from LFS. OMG this is a horror story. A little girl was buying a 1gal fish tank "kit" and in the bag she was holding, were 3 nickel size angelfish!!!!! She said, "I can't wait to put my fish in my new fish tank!!" *face palm*

Omg! How terrible, Emi. :(
This isn't a horror story, and so not trying to hijack the thread, just adding something quickly while we're on the subject. At the pet store Sunday...

Me: "Will this snail eat diatoms?"
Employee: *gives me a look like I'm crazy* "Um no...???? They only eat algae!" *walks away*
Me: *Thinking to self* Except diatoms are a type of algae...

The employee acted like she'd never heard of that word before. Probably didn't, because they actually have a sign posted in the fish department reading: "Employees Wanted. No Experience Required." She acted like I was the clueless one whom she'd just corrected. Lol, my Dad calls me a fish snob, but I can't help it if I think people should treat their fish well and know what they're talking about. (*ahem* The LFS employee)

Today's horror story...
Customer: could you net me a black Molly and 3 platies?

Clerk: sure! How big is your tank?

Customer: 5 gallons, my husband did a water change over the weekend, and a lot of them died.

Clerk: how many fish do you have in there?

Customer: 4 black mollies.

Me: you know... They usually suggest a ten gallon minimum for mollies. (I'm 13... So I couldn't yell at her...)

Her: I know, but they'll stay small in my tank.

Clerk: I'll go get the net!

Me: :double facepalm:

I hate not being to yell at stupid people.

Homedog98 said:
Today's horror story...
Customer: could you net me a black Molly and 3 platies?

Clerk: sure! How big is your tank?

Customer: 5 gallons, my husband did a water change over the weekend, and a lot of them died.

Clerk: how many fish do you have in there?

Customer: 4 black mollies.

Me: you know... They usually suggest a ten gallon minimum for mollies. (I'm 13... So I couldn't yell at her...)

Her: I know, but they'll stay small in my tank.

Clerk: I'll go get the net!

Me: :double facepalm:

I hate not being to yell at stupid people.

OH MY GOD! I hate having situations like this and not being able to yell at stupid people. Stay in school people, and do your research so you don't end up like these fine examples, lol.

Back
Top Bottom