Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #61
Aquarium Advice FINatic

We should make a web page: "People Of LFS" like people of Wal-mart, lol filled with pics of people holding one gallon tanks with 3 goldfish in bags.

God is light, in him there is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5
Emi929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #62
Aquarium Advice Activist

I don't have a completely crazy honor story, but my Orange Prawn Striped Goby has made for several interesting stories. When I purchased him, he jumped out of the bag before the LFS could close it. Took him a sec to get it back in the bag. Then I quickly realized I needed a bigger tank I was in the middle of upgrading my 20g to 40g (that’s gone now, 75g!) and moved a stupid ugly looking piece from the tank I knew I didn't want. I left it on the kitchen counter for about 10 minutes then heard my girlfriend yell GOBY omg GOBY! I put the object back in and he was still fine. He hid in a small little crevice I had no idea was there. He also survived another water quality disaster that my other fish didn't in my 20g when I was starting off. I've had him longer then any of my salt water fish, since mid Jan this year.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #63
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to ejaramillo01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi929
We should make a web page: "People Of LFS" like people of Wal-mart, lol filled with pics of people holding one gallon tanks with 3 goldfish in bags.
Lol....can be send to "reality TV"....
ejaramillo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #64
Aquarium Advice Activist

The trailer for it shows some idiot walk in to the fish section to get his son some CHICH lids as he pronounces it and tells the LFS that tank size requirement is bogus and that it works but the fish "just don't get as big man." Or the stupid mom who wanted to buy her daughter 4 more goldfish when they already had a bunch in a 10g. That's the only time I've seen Petco tell someone NO.

"I got a filter but it's still dirty and mucky what do I do!?!?" AHHHHHH I used to love going to the LFS, now I just want to show up with ear plugs and stare at the fish instead lol
Old 04-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #65
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Bahahaha!!

God is light, in him there is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5
Emi929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Not sure which part I did that actually killed the fish, but my grandfather had this really nice aquarium when I was about 4 that held a few sharks. Not sure what kind though, but they were big ones I remember. Anyways, although I totally don't remember this and I'll deny it to my dying breath (I think my sister framed me) I had apparently tried to feed the fish and ended up giving the entire jar of food, turning the water to mush. Then once realizing what I did was wrong, I tried scooping out the food, and knocked in the light fixture which back then was this metal light with a fluorescent fixture in it. So...maybe I killed it with the food, maybe with the entire light fixture including ballast under water electrocuting it. I dunno, but I still swear I was framed. If only they had DNA analysis back then! My parents have a blast telling this story to this very day.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #67
Aquarium Advice Addict

i just got another one,i recently bought a rainbow shark for my 20 gallon(i know,too small)but my golden algea eater stressed it out(found out it was a chinese algea eater)so i moved it to my fry/quarantine tank with only a pregnant swordtail and some swordtail fry.the pregnant swordtail was about half the sharks size.just as my sharks fins were starting to get there colour back,the swordtail decided they looked tastey.i got home from school to find large chunks of its fins missing.the swordtail immediately went back to my community tank.then,as if that wasnt bad enough,the shark went and got stuck behind the filter.now i think he has fungus,and my swordtail is going to have her fry in my community tank.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #68
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Flake
My dog brought me one of my anthias....
Old 04-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake
My dog brought me one of my anthias....
My cats eaten 2 guppies and a rainbow shark. I really need to get a top on that tank... Or a muzzle for my cat lol.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #70
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homedog98

My cats eaten 2 guppies and a rainbow shark. I really need to get a top on that tank... Or a muzzle for my cat lol.
Top. That way your beloved befinned friends don't commit suicide. (Try saying that five times fast!)

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com