Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

I started because my parents got me this

when I was somewhere around 7-10.

Then they got a 35 gallon tank (I think it was 55 because it was very long) in the living room. Ever since I wanted my own tank but my parents wouldn't let me get one. Then once I moved out I have had once pretty much ever since. Had a few mass genocide disasters but since I started frequenting this place :p very few issues. Now I am getting ready to set up a second tank.

TheNamelessPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNamelessPoet
I started because my parents got me this

when I was somewhere around 7-10.

Then they got a 35 gallon tank (I think it was 55 because it was very long) in the living room. Ever since I wanted my own tank but my parents wouldn't let me get one. Then once I moved out I have had once pretty much ever since. Had a few mass genocide disasters but since I started frequenting this place :p very few issues. Now I am getting ready to set up a second tank.
Are you sure that's an aquarium?

Old 05-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well Animals were always my fascination but when I was young my mom had the classic Betta in a bowl that had vines from house plants growing through it so that may be where it started. From there I had a gecko that passed away so there sat an empty tank so I got my own Betta lived for years somehow with now filter or heater lol. After that I seen a 33 gallon on Kijiji so I traded a Xbox for it it came with 2 jack dempseys, koi, goldfish, weather loaches ect.. What a mess so after joining a local club I got that tank sorted out. It went downhill from there 4 10 gallons, 29, 15, 2 more 33, a 5, 55, 80, 110, 20 gallons and more my house has more water then ground area now lol

Thanks for reading sorry for the horrible sentence structor
Old 05-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxkolbe View Post
Are you sure that's an aquarium?
yea

I would never use something like that now but isnt that the case for most of us lol

wprst part was I had 3 goldfish in it and in about 5 days the water would be yellow. I would dump it out wash the rocks in a bowl and just add tap water Amazing they lasted for 2 years at least!

TheNamelessPoet is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com