Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-07-2015, 05:16 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Originally Posted by Angela1108 View Post
In a way I almost think the smaller tanks are more challenging??! Smaller room to scape and harder to get the correct occupants.

Absolutely! I'm actually taking a break right now from setting up a Walstad/NPT type tank....let's just say I really needed this break

TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:38 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
I started researching aquariums when my grandmother got a 5 gallon bowfront with goldfish. (The number varied, because she was always having to replace them. Poor fish. &#128543 I decided I wanted one too. At first I was going to get a 5 gallon with comet goldfish, but after lots more research, I learned my mistake and about cycling and everything. My first aquarium was a used 10 gallon with a lonely gold barb named Diablo. His owners had had him for 6 years, and he had lived through all their attempts to get rid of him. So I got a little school of other gold barbs for him, and he lived happily for another year.

SpaceFish42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:13 AM   #13
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
A friend got me started and we picked up a tank from the shop.

Goldfish first, then tropical;

then another tank with crayfish or Australian natives.

A third tank had a betta I bred every so often.

Now back to one tank pretty much.
Delapool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:24 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
My other half bought my first tank which was a 30l about 15 months ago as she knew i'd always wanted to keep fish, I kept that and it is now my betta/shrimp tank.
I then bought a 4 ft 150L tank which has been set up for about a year now, THEN i bought my rio 180 which I am yet to set up as I'm waiting to move in the next few weeks.
Originally that was to replace the 4ft tank, however I am tempted to keep both!
She says she doesn't regret buying the first one, but i bet she does

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
DazF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:43 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist
My first serious foray into keeping fish was back in junior high when I got a used 30 gallon tank from a family friend. I had ZERO clue how to keep fish. Keep in mind this was before the internet, so I had practically no resources on how to properly maintain a tank.

I ended up with a bunch of mix & matched cichlids and the tank was actually semi-successful for almost a year considering I was doing weekly 100% WCs (and rinsing gravel each time), I can't even recall what type/size filter I was using, and the limited information I got from the LFS. I was just an annoying young kid with a very limited budget, so got little love from the employees. I literally knew no one who knew how to properly keep fish.

That tank came to a sudden and trajic end when a seam failed and all 30 gallons leaked overnight onto the living room floor. Suffice it to say my parents were a tad upset.

"Got any of that beer that has candy floating in it? You know, Skittlebräu?"
stooker is offline   Reply With Quote

aquarium, cover

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com