How did you get into the hobby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RamCichlidLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I made this tread for people to post how they got into the hobby. I thought it would be cool to find out how everyone else got their share of the disease. :D

RamCichlidLover said:
I made this tread for people to post how they got into the hobby. I thought it would be cool to find out how everyone else got their share of the disease. :D

I think there is already a thread on this.

Can't we have two threads ??? :( I just decided I wanted fish again so I got a ten gallon and after constantly being told the fish I wanted need a larger aquarium I got a 55 and sometime in there found AA Woot Woot now I can learn how to take care of my little friends and keep them happy .. In the processes of cycling the 55 and treating the ten for mouth fungus... Stupid petsmart. Lol

we've always been interested in keeping fish tanks... but when our daughter became obsessed with Finding Nemo, we thought it'd be the perfect excuse. we got a 10g with bright pink/purple gravel and neon deco...first two fish lasted all of a week or so...then we found AA and got a 20g and dove right into planted tanks. now I'M obsessed :D

Gazed longingly at my dad's 18" X 10" X 10" when I was about 6, thought it was huge, well I was a little feller, had to wait till I was 17 before I had the cash to indulge in a proper tank.

Pete

Went through some really tough times a while back and I needed to find a way to keep my mind occupied. And i rememberd when I was real little the dentists office had a cool fish tank filled with neon tetras and cool treasure chest and a sunkin ship. And I hated the dentist but whenever I went there I would just stare at the tank and I stopped worry'n about how much it was gonna hurt in the dentists chair and just watched the fish. So years later when I was go'n through some real personal pains I figured that fish tank in the dentist office worked on a scared little kid why not a down in the dumps adult? Long story short I was hooked a long time ago at the dentists office but had to wait til I had the money to pursue it the way I wanted.

About 10 years ago I was sitting one day drinking a beer and thought to myself, you know what would be cool, a fish tank.

when i was about 4,i was in petsmart,and saw crabs.i bought 1 red crab,which lasted about a month.then,about a year later,i got 2 fancy goldfish for that tank,they died,so i got tropical fish.they died to.then,last summer,i bought 2 fiddler crabs.1 died,so i bought another,and 4 feeder goldfish.i setup an old 20 gallon for the feeders.the crabs killed each other.the goldfish died.so i bought a heater and some fish(6 rosy red minnows and a cae),and i was hooked.

I always loved fish, the ocean nature etc... When I moved out at 22 and had the money I bought a 15 gallon tank. Had that for years till I got sick with kidney failure and didn't have the energy to keep up with it. Still had a 30 gallon at work to take care of. Got a new kidney in Oct 2009 and finally decided a few weeks ago that I missed having fish at home. Starting small with a 5 gallon tank for a betta that needs rescuing. Maybe eventually I will get a bigger tank for home, but happy with my 30 gallon work tank.

Back
Top Bottom