Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

I had started minimizing my creatures (not acquiring new ones) as I have an opportunity to travel with my husband to Europe. But when I redecorated our bedroom, I had the perfect wall for a bow front tank. So I couldn't resist. When he finally came home for a visit, I didn't say a word, hoping that he wouldn't flip out. To my total surprise, he loves the tank...I mean really really loves the tank. And of course the new 10 gallon shrimp tank in the sunroom went completely unnoticed..that was good
He even wanted to go to the fish store with me to look for new options. And when he calls he asks if I am watching my fish. I have had many tanks over the years but never on in my bedroom. I just can't believe how different this tank is just by virtue of location.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonibelle View Post
I had started minimizing my creatures (not acquiring new ones) as I have an opportunity to travel with my husband to Europe. But when I redecorated our bedroom, I had the perfect wall for a bow front tank. So I couldn't resist. When he finally came home for a visit, I didn't say a word, hoping that he wouldn't flip out. To my total surprise, he loves the tank...I mean really really loves the tank. And of course the new 10 gallon shrimp tank in the sunroom went completely unnoticed..that was good
He even wanted to go to the fish store with me to look for new options. And when he calls he asks if I am watching my fish. I have had many tanks over the years but never on in my bedroom. I just can't believe how different this tank is just by virtue of location.
Aww the old sneak-a-roonie. I think that only works well if your a lady

Old 02-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

perhaps...lol
Old 02-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerulean_blue

Aww the old sneak-a-roonie. I think that only works well if your a lady
I think we do have an advantage there, haha. But I think giving her a list and letting her pick is a great idea. Get her in on the research, too, so she can go by more than just appearances.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

My bf went with me to a lfs and flipped out when he saw a tank of julies. I had an empty 75 at the time so it worked out. But he went crazy looking up info about then and trying to track down the guy that sold them.
I say take her and let her pick out some kind of fish then let her research it's requirements. Just bring her in for the whole process of decorating and everything. If that doesn't work, try bribery.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyeller89
My bf went with me to a lfs and flipped out when he saw a tank of julies. I had an empty 75 at the time so it worked out. But he went crazy looking up info about then and trying to track down the guy that sold them.
I say take her and let her pick out some kind of fish then let her research it's requirements. Just bring her in for the whole process of decorating and everything. If that doesn't work, try bribery.
Oh that's cute!

I gave up trying with my bf, and I don't think it's important to get him interested in this hobby. He doesn't mind it either. Im not into the things he's into too, so it makes for a good balance, especially when it comes to cheap craigslist tanks he keeps me from spending too much and getting overwhelmed.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yea I'm not really crazy about gettin her into it, it'd just be nice. I help her not spend so much on clothes and she tries to prevent me from spending too much on fish

Funny observation - I've noticed all girls have responded to this thread :p
cerulean_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My Mum is my other she doesnt dislike them like she will ask if my fish are okay and stuff and she will normally take me to the aquarium if i need to but mostly its just me that cares about my lovies

Jason's Profile Page
Jason7894561230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:13 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

HA cute Jason...

Anyways! I am almost done cycling my 29gal, going to check on Friday. Then me and the girl are heading to the lfs so she can pick out 2 clowns! I think letting her pick out the fish is the best decision for any other people out there who are interested.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

We first just had fish, then I wanted to get some shrimp and got some Amano shrimp for the big tank, got one of those leaflets of shrimp care at the petshop and then she pursuaded me into getting a Nano tank, ever since then she's hooked now wants to get another, shes now totally addicted to shrimps....and some tetra types.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com