How dim are fantailed goldfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2cvbloke

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The answer, very!!! :mrgreen:

I want to get a video of this, but, today, I was playing with a cheapo laser pointer when I noticed the fish were following the dot along the wall behind the tank, then I tried it on their sand and they went nuts chasing this little red dot!!! :lach:

I'm just going to borrow a camcorder and try and get it on youtube, it's sooooo funny!!!! :lol:

I had a large feeder Goldfish that had been eluding my turtle for a long time so I put him in a 30 gal by himself, and played with him alot using a laser pointer. After a while I started to wonder if he had a predator instinct so I put some smaller feeders in with him and :twisted: he did :twisted: ! unfortunately later a young Green Terror was added and it got sick of being bullied by the Goldfish after about two months ending in a fight to the death with the Goldfish losing, but not by much.

lol my cichlids do this all the time. be careful though. they will run strait into the glass wall after chasing it on the sand lol. awesome.

I think the fish have got wise to my playing about with them as they're not as bothered about dot-chasing now!!! :(

Ah well, t'was fun while it lasted.... :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom