How do companys get away with robbing us?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
adammorrill said:
I actually think fake decor is more expensive than live plants. I saw the same thing at my lfs, a fake rock with a fake plant on it, probally no bigger than a soda can was 30$

I think its because they know some people don't want to deal with the care of the live plants, like me, hahaha, so they charge a high amount, since people will pay it, except for me.

It might have been stated a while ago, but I guess I'll make my point:

If you look at the price of a fish at a pet store and then online at a popular site, yes, the site would be cheaper, until you get to the shipping. You can pay $3 more in store or you can get it cheaper with a $30 shipping cost online.

I like to go to the store especially if it is one of those mom-and-pop shops. There is one by me and it has to be the best pet store I have gone to. I would gladly pay a few extra bucks to support it and keep it running. Their fish are very well priced and very healthy. Each tank is set up for the type of fish in it, to minimalize the stress of the fish when in a temporary home. The dwarf gourami tank has tons of plants, the mbuna tank has lots of rocks and no plants, etc. Some of the prices are actually cheaper than online!

The bottom line is, it is up to you to make the decision. It is your responsibility to be an informed buyer, and if you don't you will quite literally pay the price.

I agree. For me, shipping is an all time high as I live on an island. Shipping can be ridiculous, and most times it is overnight shipping or no shipping at all.

Back
Top Bottom