How do you care for your fish on the way home from the store..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you transfer your fish home from the store?

• Hold them in your hand

Votes: 36 24.2%
  • Have a passenger hold them

Votes: 38 25.5%
  • Toss them in the seat beside you

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Have a "fish seat" carrier for them

Votes: 23 15.4%

• Total voters
how come so many people have to buckle the bag in, or wedge it between stuff, or otherwise brace it somewhere?? are you people driving race cars around or somethin!?!? ;) lmao... the LFS usually puts the bags in a paper bag for me, which i put on the front seat next to me and cover with a hoodie for extra darkness. no need for seatbelts or other bracing, i don't usually drive like a maniac... :D

Yeah and there are a lot of turns and a big bump when I go up my driveway... It wouldn't take driving like a maniac to whip the fish bag off the seat, lol! I have a highway route back home and I can't imagine what would happen of I didn't hold on!

I have a super long drive, and there might be some sort of weird wildlife along the way that I would have to slam on the brakes for.
But, I will be moving soon, and I already found a private breeder with a fish room, who will only be about an hour away!!! WoOt! :D

I put them in a cooler (insulated case or bag) to help maintain the temp. That sits either in the passenger seat or in the back seat.

Back
Top Bottom