How do you care for your fish on the way home from the store..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you transfer your fish home from the store?

• Hold them in your hand

Votes: 36 24.2%
  • Have a passenger hold them

Votes: 38 25.5%
  • Toss them in the seat beside you

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Have a "fish seat" carrier for them

Votes: 23 15.4%

• Total voters
But where I live is absolutely beautiful! So it's worth it! :)

But you can understand why I get angry if one of the fish doesn't make it lol.

I just set them on the passenger seat, usally in a brown paper bag with something net to them so they dont move around to much

I hold them in my mouth. The salivary amylase is excellent for their slime coat!

it sounds like the front seat to me LOL! all joking aside, some good advice, tempature plays an important roll and how far your traveling. if its a 110F out side and you need to go shopping on the way home the front seat is not a good choice, but your giong straight home in an air conditioned car up and hour in the front seat would be fine, if your going to have a longer trip then 1 hour, its always a good idea to have a ice chest or styrofoam box, this will help maintain temp much longer, for longer trips find a store thet has oxogen, pick up some hot pack and tape them to the top of the box, oh and don't use the jacket method. LOL!

fishman

:eating:
seriously? why would you even post that?

seriously?! It's funny that this topic even warrants a thread, let alone a poll. The thread was just asking to get fun poked at it in my book! Anyone who would carry a fish home from the pet store in their mouth via their own intuition, or another's advice should be subject to gov't sterilization protocols, if not a Darwin award.
Just trying to have a little fun with it, no offense!
Cheers! ;)

Well, they don't get tossed, more like gently set down. The fish usually ride shot gun on the trip home.

i dont buy from a fish store.... sounds kinda weird but here we go.

i find ppl selling fish on another website, we set up a time and place to meet. ive been to ppls homes, Mcdonalds parking lots and Ikea parking lots (1 fish actually jumped out of the bucket and hopped across the parking lot!!! ppl looked @ us like we were __________ up). i usually have a bucket with water out of my tank @ home and have a air pump running in the bucket. the bucket is seatbelted in the seat with a lid on and away we go!

Back
Top Bottom