Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: How do you transfer your fish home from the store?
Hold them in your hand 36 24.16%
Have a passenger hold them 38 25.50%
Toss them in the seat beside you 52 34.90%
Have a "fish seat" carrier for them 23 15.44%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-22-2010, 08:25 PM   #81
Aquarium Advice Addict

In the defense of dkpate, I like to see the fish before I buy them so I think that is a good reason to travel... you look at 15 angelfish or clowns and most don't look the same... picking your fish is half the fun of the buying process.

Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:28 PM   #82
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquarium1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmaster View Post
In the defense of dkpate, I like to see the fish before I buy them so I think that is a good reason to travel... you look at 15 angelfish or clowns and most don't look the same... picking your fish is half the fun of the buying process.
I agree. Also, you can see if the fish have any injuries, etc.

Aquarium1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #83
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralMonster View Post
you dont have to drive a hundred miles to get fish, you know, you can order them online and it wouldn't cost you as much as traveling 100 miles...no offense but thats a little extreme
I have to drive that road about once a week anyway, so it doesn't matter. It only takes about 1.5 hours on good roads. If you knew where I lived you would understand! Spokane is the only place that has grocery stores, auto parts stores, clothes stores, vet clinic, etc. My town has 400 people, and Spokane is where everyone goes. It only costs me $13 is gas to go there and back, so you tell me where I can get fish shipped for that price? WITH a live arrival.
I am used to driving, so it doesn't bother me. I used to drive from N. Seattle to home every other weekend and that takes 6+ hours.
City people just don't understand.....*sigh*
Old 07-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #84
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

i take my kid or GF with me to the LFS and have them hold the fish till we get home.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #85
Aquarium Advice Activist

I'm on bicycle
Old 08-01-2010, 02:17 PM   #86
Aquarium Advice Regular

this is me while holding my fish "why'd u hit the edge of the road? u mad the car bump! poor little fishy.." "aghh! dont hit so hard on the brakes the fish is boucing!" i hate going in the car with fish because all i do is yell and worry about the 'poor little fishy..."
Old 08-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #87
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelilaa View Post
this is me while holding my fish "why'd u hit the edge of the road? u mad the car bump! poor little fishy.." "aghh! dont hit so hard on the brakes the fish is boucing!" i hate going in the car with fish because all i do is yell and worry about the 'poor little fishy..."
?????? Umm..... Ok.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #88
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeavisMom62 View Post
?????? Umm..... Ok.
now i feel embarassed.. that post was wierd cause it uh... didnt make any sense =P srry. let me clarify. i hold my fish because i freak out about them bouncing or moving with the car movement!

I listen to... All rock/Oldies/Punk/Metal/Alternative
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #89
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol zelilaa, i do the same thing to my husband "what, did you aim for that bump? easy on the brakes! slow down!" lol he loves it
Old 08-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #90
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelilaa View Post
now i feel embarassed.. that post was wierd cause it uh... didnt make any sense =P srry. let me clarify. i hold my fish because i freak out about them bouncing or moving with the car movement!
Awww...I'm sorry. No worries. I totally understand ! No one wants their little fishy friends to be jounced around on the way to their new home!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com