Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim

You can turn it into a python by getting a regular gravel vac for $7 and finding a hose that fits over the place the shorter tubing was at
That's what I did. A gravel vac, and old bit of garden hose and a $2 hose connecter. Works well.

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two View Post
That's what I did. A gravel vac, and old bit of garden hose and a $2 hose connecter. Works well.
lol im kinda confused how that works....

Old 01-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalzrok2

lol im kinda confused how that works....
Gravel vac's bit of hose gets half of garden hose connector, garden hose gets other half, join them together = DIY python.
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi i bought a long length of tubing you get for your external filters or pond filters,then bought a cheap bowl which fitted in the kitchen sink{this bowl is only used for the fish and NOTHING else!}I then use a cheap pond pump,to pump the water to me shed,into a 20 gallon water container,then its dechlorinated and the temperature equalised,once full i then simply pump it into me tanks using the same pond pump! I have used this method on my old six footers and could change 80 gallons of water in an hour!
Old 01-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Regular

i use to have a tap hanging over my tank with a floating ball to turn it of very much like a toilet very handy for evaparation loss as well. then it had a connector that fed conditioner when so much water whent through it. all i had to do was turn it of while emptying it then turn it all on and leave it to it self
Old 01-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenfish
i use to have a tap hanging over my tank with a floating ball to turn it of very much like a toilet very handy for evaparation loss as well. then it had a connector that fed conditioner when so much water whent through it. all i had to do was turn it of while emptying it then turn it all on and leave it to it self
There we go lol best thing ever.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I got my local window cleaner round and he dropped his hose straight in. I chose him as I only use RO for my fish tanks. As the window cleaners now have to us Ro it was the easiest thing for me to do.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenfish
I did this with airline a big box though heated and declorinated water and airline pit it around he ceiling I to the tank and the small little taps that you get for airline was my tank it worked brill for the marine as it was less shock for the fish as it went in slower

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com