How do you resist the temptation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is no lfs where I live:( just petsmart and petco....I wish there was a decent quality fish only store with knowledgeable staff and owner near by

I mixture of reminding myself I am a poor college student with many years of schooling ahead of me, that I have millions of animals at home, and having my boyfriend to stop me from making any impulse buys.

It's easy for me not to buy cause I don't like the way the lfs keeps their tanks and I'm still not ready to put anything in my tank, so right now I don't have the temptation. I wish it were that easy to not smoke LOL.

Never impulse buy any fish, I always impulse buy gear, it's the best route to go and gets rid of the temptation after blowin stacks :) and best of all the fish love it lol. Impulse buying tanks gets expensive thou when a cheap tetra 30gal kit is $200 where I live, more economical to buy a 55-200gal and buy things separate.... Still frekkin expensive by the time I'm done, oh well they look pretty I don't even need fish in em :)

You see a fish that is just so cool! But you know you cant/shouldn't get it. How do YOU get yourself through it?

It's not exactly rocket science. I think of my fish first, the fish I already have. My tanks are perfectly balanced. My fish are happy and healthy. My parameters are perfect.

It would be entirely selfish of me and not at all fair to the health and well-being of my fish to make an impulse purchase. So I don't do it.

Whenever I'm picking up supplies in PetCo and I get an impulse to look at the tanks - I instead focus on their aquatic plant selection that they keep in this cool fishless waterfall setup.

Last time I was in there they had some pretty healthy Banana Plants for $3. Couldn't resist trying it out under my lighting.

I've been burnt on 2 fish purchases and one bad anenome. :)

I now have a invert and a fish reference book in my car for those impulse buys, so I now if it's a good fit or not. So far so good. :)

I'm terrible at self control and always end up buying more than I planned. Glad I don't have to depend on anyone to pay or I'd be screwed. LOL I'd have empty tanks all through my house LOL

i barely resist the urge,today at the LFS i saw the most amazing male betta,the only reason he isnt acclimating right now is cause i couldnt find tank dividers

My impulse buys are usually plants as I am experimenting with a planted at the moment. As for fish, my lfs has a wireless network that they gave me the password for so I can google on my I-Phone to my hearts content lol.

Back
Top Bottom