How do you resist the temptation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddybrat

Aquarium Advice Addict
We all know the feeling! We go to a pet store for something specific, and you begin to gaze into the tanks.. You see a fish that is just so cool! But you know you cant/shouldn't get it. I have done this and ended up taking things back the next day. My question is. How do YOU get yourself through it?

Lol only $2.00.... I wish! Everything I want/looks cool, costs so much! I just say next time and try to remember what I went for lol

Haha my mom said "look at this! It looks so nice!" to a tang that get to be a foot and a half, and I told her that and she didn't mind. Lol she didn't understand that it wouldn't be able to turn around.

Yeah.. Lol. This is a convo with my sister. "hey! They have this huge black fish! It eats everything in the tank! Me- wow! Yeah it would go great in my ten gallon community tank. Lol.

....I don't 0_0.
I spend large chunks of cash on impulse.
Bad habits. Must learn to save

I have told myself that I must research it first and I also play restrict dad from buying new fish before he knows what he's getting into

I have a strong tendency toward being a shopaholic. The only thing that has stopped me is an empty wallet.
But now I have a line a credit at my favorite FS, so even if I'm broke I can still get stuff.
Interest free credit at a FS can be a wonderful/dangerous thing.

I'm guilty of impulse shopping also.
Related to live fish, what works for me, is the thinking of how bad they take care of the tanks at the big chain stores (and some LFS also), and I just think in the high chance of introducing a parasite, or bacteria to my tank!!!. That feeling stops me from buying live fish most of the time. Buying online is the way to go (IMO).
But regarding hardware, I'm hopeless, I still purchase by impulse!!
Lol.

I impulse shop! My parents ask me if I wanna think about it first and i just go " nah" it's so cool! One month later it's long forgotten. Lol.

Well, actually, I'm not going impulse shopping. I know what I want. But will probably come back with some things I didn't plan on

I'm with jetajockey My LFS always has the best fish but way to expensive. But that doesn't stop from window shopping.

Back
Top Bottom