how do your fish sleep?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pcdebb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm always curious if you've almost had a heart attack when waking your fish and see them in a precarious position :lol: my little green chromis likes to line up behind the heater to sleep, straight up and down. today he was almost upside down like he was dead :eek:

i turn the lights out every night, and they usually have places they go. my domino goes under the rocks somewhere, and the 3-stripe has a favorite spot in one of the fake coral rocks. I dont know where the yellow tails go.

Every night I turn off the aquarium and my room light. So it's pitch black. I wake up turn on my aquarium light and they're swimming around happy as can be

My guppy tank stays active like that. My angels kind of stare anyway so it's hard to tell with them lol

All of my guys have their "beds". My platys will sleep in the leaves of my Amazon sword, The Corys will sleep in the Java Fern, The Angel usually sleeps on moss on my DW, etc...

I have found some of the smaller guys sleeping on the powerhead which trips me out cause I think they're stuck or injured. Never are though :)

Its pretty crazy to see them all when the start settling down. about half of them are awake and swimming when i turn the light on but I have another tank in the room who's light is set to a timer so that might wake them up.

Mine have beds too. My cherry barbs go by the heater, panda Cories squeeze into one cave, guppies on the substrate, platies at the surface. German blue rams behind the plants and dwarf Gouramis in the plants. Otos snuggled up behind the filter.

Mine just float at the top except for the guppies who sleep on the plants. My betta sleeps on his hammock I bought him, it's cute watching him, he doesn't move :)

My GSPs curl up in the sand to sleep, preferably near the rocks or flower pots they have for decoration. It's so cute when they turn around and get comfy in the sand, and they tend to look a little irritated with me in the morning when I wake them up with the light. Never really noticed my guppies or angels sleep, though.

Most of my fish are nocturnal so they sleep all day. One of my catfish sleeps in a log, one in a plant, and one in this fake skull I have.

My Upside Down Catfish sleep in a resin stump. It was made perfect for them it would seem. About 9pm, they come out and start foraging, the lights go out at around 10.

I have a "nightlight" in that tank, six LEDS hung from the center brace that just lights the center of the tank with a warm glow. Some of the fish, like my giant danios make sure to stay in that light at all times when the big lights are off.

My Rams lie down just on my pea gravel but in the same place each night.

My penguin tetras hover near the top of the tank in their school.

My Z Danios occupy most of the middle just above my plants.

My CAE hides in a cave.

And my Amano's come alive at night and run around all over the place.

Jon

My black kuhli loaches don't sleep, lol. Bolivian rams sleep wherever. It scares me because during the night they darken up and in the morning they appear sick or something. But in a few minutes, they return to their normal colors. When I had my t barbs, they would sleep vertical.

Tetra1990 said:
My black kuhli loaches don't sleep, lol. Bolivian rams sleep wherever. It scares me because during the night they darken up and in the morning they appear sick or something. But in a few minutes, they return to their normal colors. When I had my t barbs, they would sleep vertical.

Yeah my fish change colors too. They get much darker when I turn the lights on.

Back
Top Bottom