How does the Trans Shipper process work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
If you've purchased bettas internationally could you tell me how the transhipper thing works?

If you've purchased bettas internationally could you tell me how the transhipper thing works?

This caught me off guard when we got ours off AquaBid as well. Basically the seller asked me who my trans-shipper was, and I had no idea what to tell him and admitted that, asking for recommendations. He suggested someone in Florida, and made the contact himself.

From what I understood about my transaction, the fish was sent from Thailand to the trans-shipper, and then re-packaged with fresh water, etc there and sent on to me. Since I'm pretty new to it I'm not sure what other things happen in between tbh.

Mine was also an additional fee to the trans-shipper. Not sure if that's standard.

never done it but I bet it's not cheap to send 1 or 2 small fish across the world
just the thought of how long it takes between shipping than thru customs than into another shippers hands and the thought of if they will survive , that will be one expensive fish , I have a hard time paying $39.99 for overnight shipping in the states ,but I'm glad most of the places I buy from includes free overnight shipping
I wish you good luck with your purchase and hope things go smooth and those lil guys make that long bumpy trip across the world ok

The cost of 1 fish being shipped over is about 5.00, I believe they make the trip with other orders for 1 rate as a whole and you pay your part. The transhipper fees and shipping are where the most money is spent, because shipments into the country come into an airport where the transhipper has to pick them up after doing the dance with customs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for all the info, I really had no idea how it worked!

Back
Top Bottom