Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-21-2011, 05:39 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to George9
I don't get very sad.
Well, actually it'd have to depend on the fish. If i lost a guppy, not that big of a deal. If I lost an angel that I had 6 years, yeah that'd be sad!

Old 11-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

There are many faces here but do have those that are very special to me one in particuliar is "Missy" my lil fish j/k'ing, she's my chocolate cichlid / H. Temparalis when the day comes she'll be put in the shrine with my kitty out in the garden. As for the whole after that its just part of nature though the other time I do get a bit upset is when its one of the not so common ones or spendy ones that finding new stock can be rough.

Now for me the ones I get really upset over is the horses or birds since I've never replaced my kitty (just can't find the right one) and don't have a dog since the horses do almost all the things a dog would do except live in the house which any of them would be more than glad too LOL

Old 11-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel View Post
Was she kidding?
No, I wasn't kidding. I love my fish and care for them just as much as I would any dog or cat.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #24
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
There are many faces here but do have those that are very special to me one in particuliar is "Missy" my lil fish j/k'ing, she's my chocolate cichlid / H. Temparalis when the day comes she'll be put in the shrine with my kitty out in the garden. As for the whole after that its just part of nature though the other time I do get a bit upset is when its one of the not so common ones or spendy ones that finding new stock can be rough.

Now for me the ones I get really upset over is the horses or birds since I've never replaced my kitty (just can't find the right one) and don't have a dog since the horses do almost all the things a dog would do except live in the house which any of them would be more than glad too LOL
You have horses? I have had one or another (or 3-4) my whole life! All i have now is my retired tb mare (who ive had for 15yrs)...unfortunately, she has multicentric melanoma cancer & i am going to have to face putting her down in the near future. I love my fish, as i love all my pets, and if one passed/had to be euthanized, i would be heartbroken!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #25
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Yeah, I'm pretty attached to mine too. Some more than others of course. I cry when mine die. I have been pretty broken up about the poor health of a couple dwarf cichlids recently, but I am certainly far more devastated by the inevitable soon-coming loss of my darling squirrel that I have raised from an orphan baby 7.5 years ago. Still, I will be pretty darn upset someday when my angels die. Its also harder for me to lose a fish that I raised from a wee tot.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yes, I have 4 horses and 1 is getting up there in age she's my red headed witch that I just love even though she's got a few quirks from her past that I just live with since its her and way too late in life to fix. Her shoulder is bad from track life but she still tries to buck me off on her once a month ride to the store and back thus she's not giving up yet (take her on this light ride just so she doesn't feel left out).
Old 11-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #27
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

I'm bothered when I lose a fish but to lose a fur-kid is hardest for me. I still cry every time I see a yellow lab and it's been 2 1/2 years since I had to put mine down.

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Activist

I cried real hard wen my gold fish died ( rip rex and sparky) they wer my first and i still get really sad but dont cry any more
Old 11-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

When its just a tetra or a guppy I dont get very upset. Feel a little bit sad then go throw it away and get over it, but when my angels died I was really upset I sat there for 2 hours fending off my fish while he laid in the corner barely breathing (I hadnt known about euthanization other then Clove Oil then) sobbing and telling him how sorry I was that he had to go through that. I still cry whenever I think of my baby turtle who got sick and died a few months ago and wonder what I could have done to prevent it. I really dont know what I'll do when I loose my beloved Sade (Dalmatian),. I'll be absolutley devastated.

GuppyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

I usually don't get upset. Sometimes frustrated. Bettas are hard for me though..I can definitely tear up over a betta. Paticularly those kept in tanks by themselves that I had more of a 1:1 relationship with. If I'm responsible for the death, then it really gets to me. I once added a new male fiddler crab who killed my much loved existing male, and I pretty much lost it. That's the only time it's affected me like that.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com