How emotionaly attatched are you to your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimsWithFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
I thought this would be an interesting question. Personally when a fish dies, my heart skips a beat and I get kinda sad:/ what about you guys? How close are you?

I cried AT MY LFS when they told me my fish they were treating died, it was a little embarrassing. I still get kinda choked up when I watch videos of him. I'm a pretty big softie for my water puppies, lol.

It's sad, yes, but it's nothing like my dogs, cats, or bunny.

That said, there are some fish that I am more attached to than others. Our Mesonautas are way up on my list of favorites, as well as our clown loaches. :)

I am very fond of three of my angelfish. I got them at an auction when they were pea size. I had 4 but one got stressed to death by another angel in the tank two weeks ago. It was sad to cone home from work and not see the quartet swimming around together.

Attachments

• image-2063454295.jpg
    image-2063454295.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 83
I'm not happy when one dies, but I don't get terribly upset. I know that it was no fault of mine, so it's not like I could have prevented it.

I dont get upset about the death of the fish that much, i just freak out because i dont no if its because of my water, desiese, stress, bad fish? Haha then i test the water and ya..

Yeah same here, when I lose a rat or dog it's really bad:( but I tend to humanize my fish and they seem to have bold personalities so it's still a little hard.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I dont get upset about the death of the fish that much, i just freak out because i dont no if its because of my water, desiese, stress, bad fish? Haha then i test the water and ya..

Then that's what I do after I'm done feeling bad about myself:D

A fish is a fish. I don't cry every time I pass a seafood restaurant ;)

Sometimes it sucks from a financial standpoint more than anything.

There are fish with big personalities that are unique, like my blood parrots and my african featherfin and then there are my schooling fish. I'm sad when I lose a schooling fish but I'm devastated when I lose one of the unique fish.

No other creature hurts my heart like the loss of one of my rescue dogs, though.

I guess I would say I get a little sad but mad at myself, thinking what have I done wrong? Or what could I have done to prevent this? All these things and more go through my mind.

I think I'll cry and sit on the couch with ice cream and a blanket all day with the lights out and the TV on when my betta dies. That speaks for itself.

Doesn't sound it to me. I had a like reaction when my female blood parrot died a while back. If you'd told me I would've been that affected, I would've punched you in the arm and shook my head, but I was hit bad by that one.

Ok if she wasent then sorry. I dont really loose big important fish.. Just a hatchet or tetra very rarely

Back
Top Bottom