How far/close is your Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How far/close is your tank to the walls?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buffy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do you have your tank butt up next to a wall/barrier or do you prefer room to move/walk around it?

In my kitchen/living room there is no wall to separate the rooms, it is a bar style open concept. I have placed my tanks on the "bar" to create height and have them surrounded by plants which limits the visibility into the living room.

It makes it very easy to do water changes as my siphon hose reaches the sink with ease.

Mines against a wall because I like to provide private caves with the wood and stones against the back, which work better with one side being the wall. I would like a tank to walk around but the room would have to be huge too.

Mine are all lined up surrounding my living/dining room central open location. There isnt a wall in here that doesn't have a tank against it. :-D

In fact, within 6 inches of my very spot right now I have my biocube to my right. It's wedged in between my computer desk and my fw 125g tank. LOL

The back of my tank is 8" from the wall and the left side is 13" from the wall. I can't squeeze between the back and the tank LOL but I can on the side for now, til I decide when I may put a tank perpendicular to it :).

My tank is like most everyone else's ,..pretty much butted up against the wall,..however I can access underneath the aquarium thru four doors on the front and one door on each end of the stand also,...it helps when you build your own stand :- )

My tank is two inches from the wall due to molding- but there is about 3 feet on both sides of the tank. I can also access everything I need underneath through 4 doors. And of course can access the top of the tank- but only with a ladder. Lol

The right front corner of my 125 is about 6" away from the rift arm of my couch... of course they are perpendicular to eachother

I leave about a foot from the wall so I can see back and get back there a little back there if needed.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I am sure others will be able to use this information when setting up their first aquarium.

Mine sits diagonal in the corner so I can view all three sides but still have room behind the tank in case I need to get to anything.

I only use HOB filters but I do not like too much space between wall and tank so I try to put it to near the wall as close as possible.

Back
Top Bottom