Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
After being out of the hobby for a very long time, I set up a 55 FW planted style tank. I was about 3/4s of the way done setting that 55 up and decided I wanted at least one more, a more marine style tank, but not real SW.

I just set that second one up today (about a month after starting the 55) and filled it. I like it. Two totally different looks.

hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well we started with a 10 gallon tank with mollies to help keep our cat entertained and she loved it!
Then before we moved someone offered to trade us our 10g set up for there 29g set up with stand! So how could we say no?
After letting the 29 cycle and add fish we checked the local craigslist (Just moved out here thinking even though we didnt have jobs at the time we had a few months rent saved up so....)we got a 55 for a screaming deal. Then while checking out our LFS we saw our first Dwarf and Figure 8 puffers and fell in love.... so we bought a 10g, and a 5g for breeding snails for him!
Now that our 55 is looking like its done cycling we're saving up for another/ trying to upgrade our 29 and checking out some of these double decker aquarium stands.... hopefully upgrading the 29 to a 40 within the month.

Total elapsed time 3.5 months LOL

Dr.Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I got my first tank when I was around 7 or 8, and that one tank was the hard limit until I moved out. I got a 20 gallon when I moved into my first apartment, then a couple weeks later I picked up a 5 gallon. And I pulled my 1.5 out again for a betta (too small, I know). I immediately wanted more tanks but I had nowhere to put one. Then a couple years later, in a new apartment, my wonderful boyfriend got me a 30 gallon for my birthday last year. And this year I upgraded that first 20 gallon to a 56 gallon column. And you can bet that I'm toying with setting that now empty 20 back up again at some point...
Alyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic
umm, as soon as i take the tank out of the car...rofl
My name is Deb and I have MTS
pcdebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:31 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
Every time I think of a fish I don't curently have and want. So basically every time I learn of a new fish. Haha

Aski247 is offline   Reply With Quote

long, start, starting, starting tank, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com