How long did it take YOU to get MTS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol thats pretty crazy! Trust me, i get flack about my tanks a lot too! People ask when i'm gonna start putting fish in my pool ;)

That would be an awesome idea ... Convert an indoor pool into an aqaurium and swim with your fish :)

After a few years of no tanks due to dorm life, I got a 1.5 betta tank for my dorm room. After getting an apartment I got a 20 gal for Christmas, then wound up with a 5 gallon as well due to a sick fish. I kept the disease at bay for a couple years, then my boyfriend got me a 30 gallon for my birthday. Then when we moved to a bigger place I upgraded the 20 to a 56 gallon. And after that, the madness started. Got a 10 gallon off a member here to raise some baby snails. Then moved a betta in there. Then picked up another 10 for more bettas. Then a 10 for betta breeding. Then the $1/ gallon sale came around and I got a 40 and a 20 long, plus my neighbor gave me the 10 gallon she upgraded at the sale. Not a week later I picked up a 20 long and a stand from the same member I got the 10 gallon from for the snails, plus a stand. And my boyfriend found me a good deal on a 20 gallon hex tank. I have also bought two kritter keepers for bettas, and I have around 10 various plastic 2 liter containers holding jarred betta fry and a couple adult bettas. Now of the 13 aquariums I have, only 8 (not counting kritter keepers or jars) are set up. Yeah. I have mts bad.

Lol I want to get a 30 gal and sell my 20 but my roomate says no I shouldn't ... I want to so bad but I guess since I'm youngest and pay least rent I should stay as is :(

It's gotten bad now lol before the most I've had was 2 or 3. Since I've gotten back into fish keeping less than a month ago I've currently own 4 and have a 5th waiting to be picked up.

17G Nano SW
5G QT
10G - Planned to be a high tech heavily planted tank
5G - bottom corners are chipped but I'm going to strip the tank and get the glass cut about half an inch at the edges to remove the chips and put it back together to house a betta.
30-40 gallon hex ? - basically got this one for free but I have no idea how big it is, I haven't measured it but I will when I pick it up. Planned to be a community with angel(s)

I got my first tank in 2005 (55g) and stayed with that until last year 8/2013...one year later I have 5 tanks....55g, 40b, 20h, 5g, & 1g.....:rolleyes::cool:

I got my first tank in 2005 (55g) and stayed with that until last year 8/2013...one year later I have 5 tanks....55g, 40b, 20h, 5g, & 1g.....:rolleyes::cool:
Wow you took a long time before you upgraded! Is that when the hobby really caught on for you?

Back
Top Bottom