How Long Do You Look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hpiguy

Aquarium Advice Freak
How much time do you spend each day just watching your fish?

Not cleaning, water testing or maintenance.

How much time do you really spend just sitting and watching them do their thing?

I can see one tank from my chair, and that gets stared at for about 45 minutes a day. My other tank across the room gets watched for about fifteen minutes when I feed them. Longer on weekends.

I watched two of my fish breeding today, and if I hadn't taken the time to just sit and watch the tank, I'd have missed it.

Sheesh...i cant really tell! I just glimpse at it constantly thru the day. The tank is right in the living room...

about half an hour a day, its fun just to watch my super slow crayfish attempt to catch anything that swims by him. he has never caught anything yet

I would say about 30 minutes combined thru out the day on my reef and about 15 on my cichlids... Couple looks at ny GFs clowns during the day too :)

My Bio Cube more at night under the moonlights which is nice. It's in my bedroom caddy cornered so it's nice at night.

My Cichlid tank pretty much whenever as its in the living room. I have the lights set to come on at 3:30pm since I'm not home during the day no point. I like to spend an hour at night before the lights go out to enjoy them.

Mines in the living room so I can look at it all day, it's better than watching the tv :)

I think we all need group therapy. But if they had a tank in the waiting room, we would all be discussing it. But to answer the question, about 30-40 minutes or longer.

Tetra1990 said:
I think we all need group therapy. But if they had a tank in the waiting room, we would all be discussing it. But to answer the question, about 30-40 minutes or longer.

We have one in our doctors surgery, when I have an appointment & my husband comes yep we discuss it, look at the size off that plec it's too big for that tank & they,ve loads of platies there's baby's everywhere & they,ll be more lol

Oodles!! Lots of tanks, one in every room just about - but I have a few favorites I enjoy watching. Missy my old chocolate cichlid, the Labeotropheus Fuelleborni, the young chocolate cichlids, haps sp Ruby Greens, the christams fulus tank is in a place that I just can't stop for a minute or 2 and watch them and the one bedroom tank of guppies and platys since when I can't sleep I lay there and watch them

All the time now that it's all coming together! It's a nice spot in the hallway between the living and kitchen/bathroom, so I pass by it all the time. Always stop and watch. Check out my new addition. Just got him yesterday. He's a juvie, a little under an inch. He's getting along with everyone just fine.

image-3316518649.jpg

probably 1.5 hours for my 55,and .5 hours each for my 10 and 20(in my bedroom)

Apparently, I have twinkles in my eyes when I am surveying the 150 and accompanying equipment currently in the carport...hub told me this and I was blissfully unaware I was being studied lolol.

I will stop and watch the 29 FW inhabitants now that it has transformed into a spa for my pink gourami. The pleco is so relaxed now he is sucking all over everything now (usually was hanging like a bat in his cave 24/7 before the 3 shubunkins left for their new digs :p).

So to answer "how long"... I don't really know.

I spend most my day in fish room as one of my computers is in there, and I really cant stand TV anyway
yes I have a room dedicated to all my tanks
wife just found the 100 gal tank I hid in garage because I didn't have a chance to break it to her yet
she just looked at me and said FIGURES
than a hour later she came in my fish room and said I hope your earn will fit in here after I cremate you
I just pointed up to the little shelf up on the wall in the corner
and said I think it will fit than busted out laughing
she smiled walked away
wait till she finds out my buddy's giving me his 46 bow front
I'm dead:whistle::whistle::angel::angel::facepalm::facepalm::eek::eek::cool:what am I thinking lol:hide:
She still don't know about the frag tank I'm building for the center of the room TOO

54seaweed said:
I spend most my day in fish room as one of my computers is in there, and I really cant stand TV anyway
yes I have a room dedicated to all my tanks
wife just found the 100 gal tank I hid in garage because I didn't have a chance to break it to her yet
she just looked at me and said FIGURES
than a hour later she came in my fish room and said I hope your earn will fit in here after I cremate you
I just pointed up to the little shelf up on the wall in the corner
and said I think it will fit than busted out laughing
she smiled walked away
wait till she finds out my buddy's giving me his 46 bow front
I'm dead:whistle::whistle::angel::angel::facepalm::facepalm::eek::eek::cool:what am I thinking lol:hide:
She still don't know about the frag tank I'm building for the center of the room TOO

Heck with the urn, sprinkle the ashes into each tank.

I am noticing that the aquariumists here seem to be hooked up with non-aquariumists for the most part. :D

Back
Top Bottom