How long has your tank been established

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was just curious how long all of you have had your tank up and running I am going on 1 year I am sure there are you that are going on several years or even a decade Just curious how long you have been at it.

Also have any of you had a fish or anything for longer than a few years

My three tanks were last set up when we moved three years ago. All of our current fish have been with us through at least two long distant moves. Have not restocked any fish since the move--busy with the kids, they really get in the way of fish keeping!

2 salt tanks set up for about 3 months or so. 1 more comming in a week and maybe another in the near future as well.

My 10 Gallon has been set up for 6 Months and my 29 gallon has been set up for a few weeks.

My last tank was up for a couple months less than 6 years. In that tank, I still had 2 glass catfish, which were added a month or two after my cycle finished.

Recently, my 10g and 29g have been set up for 7 weeks.

I have a 55g FW that has been up and running for a little over 4 years now.

My reef tank has been running since Feb of '06. If you have read my thread you will know the hardships I've been through with it in the last 8 weeks....

I can't remember exactly...my son was still a baby (he's 24 now)...so it was around 1986 that I set up my 1st 50g reef tank. The 50 was setup for about 15 yrs, then I upgraded to a 75 and recently upgraded again to a 125. I have some 20 yr old mushrooms, zoa's and star polyps in my tank from when I 1st set it up.

The longest I had a fish was a watchman goby that lived 13 years.

Last edited:
My longest setup tank would be around 15 years, and it has UGF for filtration. The longest I had a single fish was around 8 or 9 years and was a male nicauraguense of around 8".

I can't remember exactly...my son was still a baby (he's 24 now)...so it was around 1986 that I set up my 1st 50g reef tank. The 50 was setup for about 15 yrs, then I upgraded to a 75 and recently upgraded again to a 125. I have some 20 yr old mushrooms, zoa's and star polyps in my tank from when I 1st set it up.

The longest I had a fish was a watchman goby that lived 13 years.
Thats impressive

Back
Top Bottom