How long should I wait

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrisino63

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am in the process of upgrading from a 60 gallon to a 125. How long should I cycle the 125 before adding my cichlids. Is using a chemical like quick start make it safe for my fish in a shorter amount of time I would love some opinions

I am in the process of upgrading from a 60 gallon to a 125. How long should I cycle the 125 before adding my cichlids. Is using a chemical like quick start make it safe for my fish in a shorter amount of time I would love some opinions

If the 125 is in the final spot you will be keeping it, transfer all the water filters and fish from the 60 directly to it. Add the remaining water (treated of course) and sit back and enjoy. It would be like doing a 50% WC. Don't add any new fish for at least a month so the BB can catch up for the tank volume.

You can use the media from the old tank to the new one. Do you have the cichlids already in the 60g???

If the 125 is in the final spot you will be keeping it, transfer all the water filters and fish from the 60 directly to it. Add the remaining water (treated of course) and sit back and enjoy. It would be like doing a 50% WC. Don't add any new fish for at least a month so the BB can catch up for the tank volume.
You got in there just before me....haha

A 125 sounds like it's going to be a great tank . Would love to see some pictures!! Good Luck with the upgrade!

Back
Top Bottom