Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3k View Post
corys live 18yrs? they do seem like stress free fish...they don't let anything bother them...when i vacuum the gravel they just start digging right around the tube like it's nothing.
Yeah that amazed me! Like I said everything says 6 years, but if someone has kept them for 18 it's certainly possible. I cycled my first tank with Cories (before I knew any better) and they're still kicking, but it's probably that type of situation which makes most fish either expire early or expire at the predicted time. I think if you can get a tank raised fish who is never stressed too much, never injured, never gets a disease and you keep up the maintenance perfectly, you could see these figures or better... We'll have to wait and see.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:19 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have a Cory, got him last month and hes been great in the tank. When I first got him he was hiding at the bottom all the time, and when anyone went down the bottom he chased them all the way up to the top that went on for about 3 days but now he's fine. He's a bronze cory and since I got him I notice he's got a lot bronzer/darker is this because of his age?

Old 02-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Corys have pretty wide ranging behavior. Mine sit still at the bottom, swim up and down the glass and go a bit of everything really. They (mine) also range from dark grey to light grey.

Tags
how long do fish live, live, long

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com