How many fish on A.A.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm gonna do a repost with my total now

6 uaru amphiacanthoides
24 lemon tetra
13 sterbai cory
1 crenicichla regani
1 porthole catfish
5 bristlenose pleco
1 vampire pleco
8 guianacara cf dacrya
2 apistogramma cacatuoides WC
1 apistogramma kelleri
15 Cardinal tetras
4 lophiobagrus cyclurus
7 neolamprologus multifasciatus
1 Spathodus erythrodon 'Burundi'
1 synodontis petricola
1 neolamprologus ocellatus purple
5 altolamprologus sp. sumbu white dwarf
1 betta splendens
4 corydora hasbrosus
4 ember tetra

I think that's everyone lol 105 by my count

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey hey, you pushed us over 2000! 2086 I think. I didn't count some that were revised because I didn't feel like searching what the old numbers were.

How are your Uaru doing? I want like weekly updates on them so I can live vicariously through you. I love Uaru so much.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The uaru are doing great, little pigs, devouring whole pieces of collard greens and red leaf lettuce, and scarfing down any and every pellet they see. I was just trying to do a photo update but my computer is having issues. Just added a porthole cat to their tank and of course they had to follow it around the tank for a half hour like little kids chasing a puppy lol

The uaru are doing great, little pigs, devouring whole pieces of collard greens and red leaf lettuce, and scarfing down any and every pellet they see. I was just trying to do a photo update but my computer is having issues. Just added a porthole cat to their tank and of course they had to follow it around the tank for a half hour like little kids chasing a puppy lol

You are making me regret going with a planted tank instead of Uaru.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Minus the fact that they eat ANYTHING lol i tried swords, as my old uaru left those alone. Nope. DESTROYED. The only things they don't touch are anubias and java fern. Thinking about trying a pond lily, but afraid to waste the money and have them eat it or have it not do well in the tank

I love my guys, but not being able to do plants at all is bugging me. I'd love to do some big vals and swords. Oh well

30- adult discus
21- juvie discus
30- gold ring reticulated Hills tream loaches
6- adult BN Pleco's
30ish- juvie BN Pleco's
2- 6" clown loaches
1- synodontis eupterus
1- synodontis nigris
1- synodontis multipunctatus
70- German red aulanocara
29- red shoulder blue regal aulanocara
12- half grey/black guppies aka tuxedos guppies
20- true black Moscow guppies
250ish- angelfish, many strains
50+ RCS
100+ Assassin snails
1- red tail shark
6- bloodfin tetras
6- Cardinal tetras
6- red eye tetras
2- Roseline sharks
12ish- bamboo shrimp
5- German blue rams
100ish- juvie German blue rams 2- Electric blue rams
30- juvie electric blue rams
3- true zebra Pleco's
3- gold nugget Pleco's

I think that's abt it. No fry included in my tally.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

30- adult discus
21- juvie discus
6- adult BN Pleco's
30ish- juvie BN Pleco's
2- 6" clown loaches
1- synodontis eupterus
1- synodontis nigris
50+ RCS
100+ Assassin snails
1- red tail shark
6- bloodfin tetras
6- Cardinal tetras
6- red eye tetras
2- Roseline sharks
12ish- bamboo shrimp
5- German blue rams
3- true zebra Pleco's
3- gold nugget Pleco's

Ok, you win lmao

Breeding racks that tally up quite fast. But after some drop offs, pick ups, and shipping number dwindles fast. Lol. Lots of bare bottom tanks up then down.

Breeding racks that tally up quite fast. But after some drop offs, pick ups, and shipping number dwindles fast. Lol. Lots of bare bottom tanks up then down.

Oh are most of those fish you're keeping one's that you're selling? I thought at first they were all ones you were just keeping (correct me if I'm wrong though)

I breed them. So I keep pairs and community tanks. Fully planted. Only the fry/grow out tanks are bare. But most of my fish are in communities. This isn't a business for me, lol. I pull eggs out as I see them. Raise em out and use them for trade with pet stores. Keeps hobby free. If I see a discus pair doing the happy dance I pull them and give them a place to breed and raise babies. Then back to the bigggg tank they go.

I breed them. So I keep pairs and community tanks. Fully planted. Only the fry/grow out tanks are bare. But most of my fish are in communities. This isn't a business for me, lol. I pull eggs out as I see them. Raise em out and use them for trade with pet stores. Keeps hobby free. If I see a discus pair doing the happy dance I pull them and give them a place to breed and raise babies. Then back to the bigggg tank they go.

Oooh ok I see, i misunderstood what you said at first lol. Still, that's an impressive number

Each strain of stuff I keep are in a large species tank. I.E. German red community are in a 125gal. See a few holding. Get babies out, raise them. Red shoulder blue regal peacocks the same. Discus are in a 300gal and a 150 fully planted. Angels each strain in their own 75 or 90. Fish don't raise fast, we'll most, so yes I keep them for a min of 4 months usually. Some take longer like discus.

30- adult discus
21- juvie discus
6- adult BN Pleco's
30ish- juvie BN Pleco's
2- 6" clown loaches
1- synodontis eupterus
1- synodontis nigris
50+ RCS
100+ Assassin snails
1- red tail shark
6- bloodfin tetras
6- Cardinal tetras
6- red eye tetras
2- Roseline sharks
12ish- bamboo shrimp
5- German blue rams
3- true zebra Pleco's
3- gold nugget Pleco's

Have you bred bamboo shrimp? How much of a pain in the rear is the larvae stage? One of mine keeps having eggs but I haven't bothered attempting and am wondering if it is worth it. I know it is a ton of work so for now I've just left her in the community and let the fish have a snack when they hatch to larvae. Every time she molts she's had eggs within a week. Saw her fanning a new bunch this afternoon

60 fish on the nose! Not counting all of the wrigglers from our guppies and multis lol. That number might be over 100 with those but I can't actually count them all :lol:

Have you bred bamboo shrimp? How much of a pain in the rear is the larvae stage? One of mine keeps having eggs but I haven't bothered attempting and am wondering if it is worth it. I know it is a ton of work so for now I've just left her in the community and let the fish have a snack when they hatch to larvae. Every time she molts she's had eggs within a week. Saw her fanning a new bunch this afternoon

I have not bred the bamboo shrimp yet. I just picked em up because I liked them.

Back
Top Bottom