How many friends have you made at your lfs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waterjunkie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How many times have you just had a random conversation with strangers at your lfs.
I was at the store a few weeks ago and saw some kids with there father who wanted to buy a starter kit fish tank they where about 11- 13 year old and they start asking me questions and I give all the help I can they told me they wanted to put the fish tank in there room. Anyway long story short it was there first fish tank and I try to tell them what I know about how to maintain it and take care of everything introduced them to live plants and all the bells and whistle. A few days goes by and I see these kids again with there mother this time we start talking some more he shows me pictures of the tank ( they did an awesome job) he takes my number and happens to be they live about a block away and now I see them all the time when I am outside or take my girl to the park (parks rite down the block). It's an awesome thing this hobby.
How many friends have you made at your local fish store?

Oh. I keep to myself in and out. I try not to get involved anymore. I've learned a few lessons.

I hear that. But sometimes I feel it's just like here on the forum sharing your experience thought knowledge and imagination. And the love for the hobby with someone.

I hear that. But sometimes I feel it's just like here on the forum sharing your experience thought knowledge and imagination. And the love for the hobby with someone.

Understood. Half the time I can tell they are set in there ways and I'd be wasting my time.

Understood. Half the time I can tell they are set in there ways and I'd be wasting my time.

That's true but you know what, it makes my day when I see those kids from time to time and they tell me about there tank and the new things they got and how much they love it.
You can't train an old dog....

One coworker and I became close when we realized we go to the same LFS! We are actually neighbors now. She isn't the best fishkeeper but she does love her fish. Now she comes to me for advice on her fish. I usually end up talking to a few people every time I go in, although I don't often see the same people twice. It's a really friendly place. I'm on a first name basis with the owners and I have been for a long time now.

Back
Top Bottom