How many hours do you work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How many hours do you work?

• less than 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-20

• 21-30

• 31-40

• 41 and over

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
jasonit said:
Teacher - 55 hours
40 hours @ school
15ish hours doing schoolwork @ home

And people thought we just worked 8-4

LoL...and all summers off! My wife is a student teacher and finding out all about the fun hours that get put into the profession. You guys deserve a raise!

I work a messed up schedule as a manager at a pizza place. Nights some days, day time others. Not the best pay, but I've been there for 2 years and I'm afraid to change jobs. I have like the best manager!!! I work around 40 hours a week. We aren't really allowed to get over time...so I'm stuck at 40. I'm not complaining...It's a fun job.

Air Traffic Controller. 40 hours work week is standard. Overtime is always optional and available. Best job in the country!

My time varries greatly on the goings on.

If we're in the middle of a massive project I could very well work 20+hours a day.

However, since I am part time for the most part [ more time for my fishies :mrgreen: ] I generally work about... 32 hours a week.

I tend to work through breaks and lunches to.

usually around 60 hours a week. I'm a Loan Officer at a national mortgage firm.

reefnewb said:
Air Traffic Controller. 40 hours work week is standard. Overtime is always optional and available. Best job in the country!

That is very cool.. is it anything like the movie "Pushing Tin" or was that movie a little over the top?

I always have thought ATC would be a really captivating job, I bet the hours go like minutes, you're so focused on stuff.

Anyway I am Systems Manager for a fastener company and I work usually around 40 but occasionally up to 60 or so when big things break. Usually just 40.

Project Manager for a top 50 construction firm:

Minimum 55 hours, Maximum 91 or so.

Drive Time per day - 2 hours

Actual Time - Minimum 65 Hours, Maximum 105 Hours

Wow, thinking about this sucks. I better not think about how much my salary comes out to hourly then :cry: .

I work 40+ depending on what is going on in a given day.... Being tech support for a large grocery chain, is a taxing but rewarding job!

47 hours a week pressing shirts at a dry cleaners, but because of the commute i'm off at six at home at six, and as a kick in the pants I only get to sit down for lunch and Its taken from my pay.

For a first job it's hard to adjust to.

I usually work 40 hours per week from May-December, but will usually push 65 hours per week during January-April (tax season).

I work for a medium sized local CPA firm in STL.

Minimum of 45 hrs per week as a printing press operator. Sometimes it gets busy & i'll get in 55-60 per week.

Tolak

I do 40 hours dead on right now. Come in at 7, hour lunch at 11, leave at 4. My position as of yet does not require me to perform any offhour duties, but would in the future if I stay with the company. Then I'll easily push 50-60 hours.

Lets see. Get up a 4:30 am drive 1 hour to be at work by 6:00; work 8 hours. Come home run my aquatic business till at least 11:00 pm. weekends I do aquarium maintanence both days for at least 6 hours a day. Between all that I am the father of a six month old son. Bottom line I am ready to crash and burn! Help!

I'm a Public Relations Manager for Barnes and Noble bookstores so since the day after Thanksgiving until the second week in January, about 50-55, and then another 20 hours a week posting all over the forum circuit and working on Tropical Resources.

Yes, I seriously need a life, LOL. It's no wonder I'm single. :roll:

Hi everyone

I work 40-45 hours a week in my full time job. I work part time doing saltwater work 20-30 hours a week. the rest of my hours is sleeping and taking care of my large aquariums in two different houses. People ask me how do I do it. Well it's hard but you know what I enjoy it very much. And if you enjoy what you do then I believe you are a millionaire! :lol:

Darins schedule sounds really familiar. I work a weekend shift...3 days, 12 hrs per day on my "real" job. During the week, I have the coral tanks, the aquarium maintenance service, and three daughters to keep up with. I average about 16-18 hours a day every day. My website has kinda been on the back burner for a while, but I'm hoping to squeeze some time for it this winter.

This is an average week for me...
40 hrs working in a padded cell (cubicle)
3 hrs Class
~15hrs spent working on my thesis - ( only 2 weeks left for final revision- Yipee! :D )
~3 hrs tutoring and volunteer work

I sleep every one in a while & the rest is spent driving to all the places I need to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom