How many of yall name your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
absolutangel04 said:
I just got a new girl betta that I named Daphnia. I also had some red wag platies who looked like they had black mustaches, so I named them Tom Selleck, Burt Reynolds, and Major Dan Sickles (Civil War guy).

That is just awesome. A trio of mustachioed fish.

Update: I'll admit that I thought naming them was silly when I started this thread. But I've recently named my green terror Tom, after Tom Riddle.

heyheyitsrae said:
Update: I'll admit that I thought naming them was silly when I started this thread. But I've recently named my green terror Tom, after Tom Riddle.

Very awesome! I'm knitting a Slytherin scarf right now... And re-reading Deathly Hallows.

I've named two of my new fish so far. My longfin albino bristlenose Pleco is named Seraphina and the short finned albino is Frank. He just looks like a Frank.

My wife try's to name them all, except for the ones in my community tank. We have a featherfin named Sylvester, a CAE named Mic after Jäger, an OB zebra named Pete after OSU's Pistol Pete, a pair of jewels named you got it Ty and Jewel, two yellow labs named Bob and George ( George is now Georgina), and a blue acai named Binki. I almost forgot her Betta, Tyrone because he thinks he's a bada**.

Very awesome! I'm knitting a Slytherin scarf right now... And re-reading Deathly Hallows.

I've named two of my new fish so far. My longfin albino bristlenose Pleco is named Seraphina and the short finned albino is Frank. He just looks like a Frank.

Seraphina like from The Amber Spyglass?

I also just named a zebra loach Captain Wiggles and a clown loach First Mate Skittles.

Oh ya.
Baby zebra danio - squirt
Big zebra danio - mr. Dad
Female zebra danio - Derp
Rusty cichlid - LaQuesha
Kenyi - Tiffany
Demasoni - Jimmy

I'm pretty sure Tiffany is Jimmy's bi***, and LaQuesha gets mad at Jimmy if he doesn't respect Tiffany :p!!!

absolutangel04 said:
Seraphina like from The Amber Spyglass?

I also just named a zebra loach Captain Wiggles and a clown loach First Mate Skittles.

Yup, like from The Amber Spyglass. I love His Dark Materials, great books. I named her that because her super long fins make her look rather angelic.

I've never had a fish that didn't have a name. If I can tell it apart from all the other fish, it gets a name. I just think they deserve names lol :)

My bettas are Martin (black with orange vieltail fins), Sayir (cream with red double-tail fins), Dragon (red crowntail), and Waffle (shimmery blue halfmoon plakat). My purple firefish is called Gregory, and my old one was named Ellie. I have to scarlet skunk shrimp named Gillian and Jillian. My deceased apple snails are Gary, Bridget, Zeister, and Abigail, and my dead turbo snails are Maxine and Herbert. Yeah, I have a naming addiction.

Hmmm i may be an oddball here but I don't name my fish, I let them name themselves! Idk I just sit there and enjoy there company and usually it will just be like, "You seem like an x to me".

Unless of course i can think of an amazing name for them and in that case I use my creative license. Like with the Newt we had for awhile, Sir Isaac Newton :)

I have named a few of my current fish but now have too many to name. However, I had a 125g with roughly 45-50 cichlids and my wife named all of them. I had a Juan, a Pedro and best of all my favorite.......Oprah lol

I don't usually name fish unless there's something special about it. I have a Blood Parrot that I named Igor :)

The kids name ours as a rule but by far my favourites are johnny (depth) (was going to be arnie as he has big plecs....) Our big bristlenose plec....

ForumRunner_20120814_233338.jpg

And dyson our baby plec...

ForumRunner_20120814_233426.jpg

Haven't got the heart to tell them I think johnny is a girl lol

Back
Top Bottom