Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-31-2013, 01:33 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post

Thankfully I haven't seen any yet around here in my part of Louisiana. Don't see many around here even though I live out in a fairly rural area. Did have a bit of a tussle with an alligator snapping turtle last summer, though. He was in the road by my house and we didn't want to hit him, so I got out to move him before I realized what he was. I walked up and he hissed and snapped, so finally I chased him out if the road with a stick. I wanted to just get back in and hit him after he tried coming after me, but my friend who was driving refused so I got to figure out how to get that mean sucker to move. Both myself and the snapper made it out unscathed.
Lol... this year has been rough already here i almost hit a pretty big gator that was crossing the rd then apparenly this is the 3rd snake to cross our yard my guess is bc of the stupid chickens my inlaws refuse to put in a fenced in area among all their other animals that wonder over here bc we usually dont have snakes... i put moth balls out today around our house sure dont want any coming in :/

Old 05-31-2013, 01:37 AM   #92
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow,I`d take cougars over gators any day. Glad you didn`t hit the fella. I wonder why the gator crossed the road?

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:02 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgthebeast View Post
Wow,I`d take cougars over gators any day. Glad you didn`t hit the fella. I wonder why the gator crossed the road?
we have those too...lol just not as common we have some on the land we camp at i have heard them screaming pretty creepy when all you got is a tent ..

It was crossing the rd to get to the lake .. lol it was on the other sude of the levee here it is
Old 05-31-2013, 02:02 AM   #94
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks

Lol... this year has been rough already here i almost hit a pretty big gator that was crossing the rd then apparenly this is the 3rd snake to cross our yard my guess is bc of the stupid chickens my inlaws refuse to put in a fenced in area among all their other animals that wonder over here bc we usually dont have snakes... i put moth balls out today around our house sure dont want any coming in :/
Thanks for reminding me to mothball the yard! We have a few stray cats that hang around, plus my boyfriend is terrified of snakes. So we do not want any in the yard! Plus we have free range chickens next door, too. Never thought about those attracting snakes...
Old 05-31-2013, 02:06 AM   #95

Lol well they certainly do...lol

My photo didnt load so lets try again

Name:   .facebook_46243.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  13.6 KB
Old 05-31-2013, 02:11 AM   #96
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
There was a big pond behind an apartment complex I used to live in that had gators. Once I found that out I was not happy about the run down fence between my backyard and the pond. I think it was an old water treatment facility that hadn't been used in years, but they built a plant nursery on one side and an apartment complex on the other. Not sure how the gators got there, but on warm days I could look out my bedroom window (on the second floor, high enough to see over the fence) with binoculars and watch the gators sunning theirselves. Scary.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:15 AM   #97
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah that would have dented your car. Haha, it kind of reminds of a dinosaur with the way it's walking.

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:35 AM   #98
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish loach boy View Post

I set up like a little playpen foe them with the whole room and just put pillows under desk and bed, it's for an hour daily, I have to be with them to make sure no cable chewing or mischief, and it takes a mop, a broom, a wet towel, and looking!
So the three animals get along together? I always thought beards would try to attack the gecko.

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:04 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCr8zy View Post

So the three animals get along together? I always thought beards would try to attack the gecko.
No, not at all, not even my guinea pig tries to go after them, never seen a sign f aggression
Old 05-31-2013, 10:25 PM   #100
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish loach boy View Post

No, not at all, not even my guinea pig tries to go after them, never seen a sign f aggression
That is really cool. Lol, I can imagine the beardy and the gecko strolling around and, plop, there is a guninea pig in there midst.

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com