Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-29-2013, 12:48 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish loach boy View Post
Wow, that's cool! I would like to grow mealworms, as they are quite pricey, but I really don't know how to!
It's awesome how you have koi, I really want this stream like thing to go around my backyard, but how much would that cost!
Cool you also have fry, I have only successfully bred my leopard geckos, I sell hatchlings when they are about four months old
I do really like reptiles, I hope I can get a tokay gecko soon
Nice that you have koi!!!!
It's pretty easy breeding mealworms. I order mine off of eBay. I buy 1000 for $12. U just wait till mealworms turn into pupa then into beetles. The beetles will mate and lay mealworms eggs. Then the babies will grow bigger and bigger until u can see them. ( the first baby mealworms r microscopic.) I learned how to breed them just by watching YouTube videos. Lol.
I dug my pond myself. I also had a neighbor giving away a pond liner for free. Another neighbor was overstocked with koi so he gave me some for free too. And they were all breeding size! The only hard part about setting up a pond is digging the hole. I have multiple ponds near me that I go catch tadpoles/frogs every year during the spring/summer. I have at least 50-70 koi fry.
If u want a stream around the backyard, get some long plastic liners ( not pre-formed ) and dig the trench at least 2 feet deep if u are in the colder areas ( above New York ). If u r live lower than NJ, u can just dig it 1.5 feet deep. Also be wary of any local herons that will find fish as a tasty snack. A fake statue of a heron will make sure no others come.

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:11 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have 5 tanks in my bedroom 75g reef, 10g salt, 2 10g holding newborn fry & 3.5g Betta & snails

Old 05-29-2013, 01:13 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess1ca View Post
I have 5 tanks in my bedroom 75g reef, 10g salt, 2 10g holding newborn fry & 3.5g Betta & snails
Holy cow...... A 75 gal in a bedroom. And it is a reef too. Omg that is cool.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:19 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

I only have my 25 reef, 45 freshwater, 2.5 beta ,and 1 gal. shrimp tank. I am wanting to set up a 10 gal. gerbil tank though.

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:20 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgthebeast View Post
I only have my 25 reef, 45 freshwater, 2.5 beta ,and 1 gal. shrimp tank. I am wanting to set up a 10 gal. gerbil tank though.
I love gerbils. I have 2. Used to have 3. One died of old age a few months ago. I keep the 2 in a 10 gal and 20 gal long.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:28 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

I remember walking into pet-smart and seeing them in their tank. They reminded me much of kangaroos, but I was on a mission, and I stuck to it. Still wondering how, cause gerbils are adorable. What colors are yours?

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:51 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCr8zy View Post

It's pretty easy breeding mealworms. I order mine off of eBay. I buy 1000 for $12. U just wait till mealworms turn into pupa then into beetles. The beetles will mate and lay mealworms eggs. Then the babies will grow bigger and bigger until u can see them. ( the first baby mealworms r microscopic.) I learned how to breed them just by watching YouTube videos. Lol.
I dug my pond myself. I also had a neighbor giving away a pond liner for free. Another neighbor was overstocked with koi so he gave me some for free too. And they were all breeding size! The only hard part about setting up a pond is digging the hole. I have multiple ponds near me that I go catch tadpoles/frogs every year during the spring/summer. I have at least 50-70 koi fry.
If u want a stream around the backyard, get some long plastic liners ( not pre-formed ) and dig the trench at least 2 feet deep if u are in the colder areas ( above New York ). If u r live lower than NJ, u can just dig it 1.5 feet deep. Also be wary of any local herons that will find fish as a tasty snack. A fake statue of a heron will make sure no others come.
1000 worms for 12, dang! That's a bargain!
Petsmart has 35 for like 3 bucks, so I end up wasting like 30 dollars a month just on mealworms!
Man, I'll defenetly see about that koi tank, I live in el paso, Texas, summers get to be like 105, and the coldest we got this winter was like24, so yea, that's about it
There really are no herons here, it's just desert, probably vultures are the biggest thing we have, but they won't get the fish, probably with my dogs and sulcata tortoises being around
Old 05-29-2013, 01:52 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess1ca View Post
That's pretty freakin nice, if I had a shot of chance, I would put up a cichlid tank as long as my wall!
Old 05-29-2013, 01:55 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgthebeast View Post
Nice, why don't you get guinea pigs, they are really cute & nice!
They love to be held and every time I get home from school, and when they see me, they just stand on their hind legs and start jumping around hoping for a treat like a banana or an apple piece
Old 05-29-2013, 02:02 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish loach boy

Nice, why don't you get guinea pigs, they are really cute & nice!
They love to be held and every time I get home from school, and when they see me, they just stand on their hind legs and start jumping around hoping for a treat like a banana or an apple piece
Bunnies are nice like that too, except most aren't fond of being held. I miss the heck out of mine, and if I wasn't eyeball deep in kittens right now I would get one. But where I am looking to move has a one pet policy and we are already hoping to negotiate two kittens.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com