Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-11-2013, 01:40 AM   #201
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly View Post

Yes!!! That is right! My Maine coon boy Maxi is no different then any dog. He looks little different but is fiercely protective of his family
Yep. Cats can get just as protective as dogs. When my ex and I split up, it was obvious who got which cat. Delilah, even as a kitten didn't like anyone touching me, and Pixie was my ex's little minion. When she met my current boyfriend she instantly hated him. Hissed and swatted at him, which was funny because she was trying to take hits at his steel toed boots. She looked confused when it hurt her paw. Both were gorgeous cats. My Delilah (sadly had to give her away) is a pale calico, with tabby splotches instead of solid colored ones. Pixie is a fat blue tortishell. I wish I had pictures I could post of them.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #202
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post

Yep. Cats can get just as protective as dogs. When my ex and I split up, it was obvious who got which cat. Delilah, even as a kitten didn't like anyone touching me, and Pixie was my ex's little minion. When she met my current boyfriend she instantly hated him. Hissed and swatted at him, which was funny because she was trying to take hits at his steel toed boots. She looked confused when it hurt her paw. Both were gorgeous cats. My Delilah (sadly had to give her away) is a pale calico, with tabby splotches instead of solid colored ones. Pixie is a fat blue tortishell. I wish I had pictures I could post of them.
Oh, Alyxx! I can't imagine having to give up any of my pets!!!! I am so sorry!

Old 06-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #203
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly View Post

Oh, Alyxx! I can't imagine having to give up any of my pets!!!! I am so sorry!
+1. It's really sad when you have to give up/give away a pet.

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #204
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, I didn't mind having to give up Pixie - she was my ex's cat through and through. She never liked me as much as she liked him. But Delilah was my baby. I rescued her from the parking lot at my job, when she was a starving little ball of fur. We weren't planning on giving her away permanently, either. The only acquaintance we could find to take her on short notice was supposed to give her back in a few weeks. We were going to take her back once we were moved in and had figured out a way to keep her hidden. But this acquaintance lives 30 minutes away, dropped contact with everyone we knew her through, and her phone number got disconnected. So we never got her back, or even heard back from the chick who has her. It really broke my heart.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #205
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't mind having to give up Pixie - she was my ex's cat through and through. She never liked me as much as she liked him. But Delilah was my baby. I rescued her from the parking lot at my job, when she was a starving little ball of fur. We weren't planning on giving her away permanently, either. The only acquaintance we could find to take her on short notice was supposed to give her back in a few weeks. We were going to take her back once we were moved in and had figured out a way to keep her hidden. But this acquaintance lives 30 minutes away, dropped contact with everyone we knew her through, and her phone number got disconnected. So we never got her back, or even heard back from the chick who has her. It really broke my heart.
Wow! So she basically stole/kidnapped your cat!? . That is very heart breaking.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #206
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCr8zy View Post

Wow! So she basically stole/kidnapped your cat!? . That is very heart breaking.
Yup. I miss that crazy cat. She was a bit nuts, but I loved her.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #207
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
That stinks! We had something sillier happen with my dad, my uncle(his brother) and 2 dogs. My uncle,at the time, lived in Memphis and was going to build a new house in Florida. He asked us to watch his 2 dogs till the house was built. No problem, our yard is 5 fenced lots, so plenty of room. My uncle flew the dogs to us and never came to pick them up. We never got mad at him for it. It was just kinda like one of those 'what the heck' type of things.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #208
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra1990 View Post

That stinks! We had something sillier happen with my dad, my uncle(his brother) and 2 dogs. My uncle,at the time, lived in Memphis and was going to build a new house in Florida. He asked us to watch his 2 dogs till the house was built. No problem, our yard is 5 fenced lots, so plenty of room. My uncle flew the dogs to us and never came to pick them up. We never got mad at him for it. It was just kinda like one of those 'what the heck' type of things.
So was that had or good? He flew the dogs to you?! What type of dogs were they? Are they still with you?

Old 06-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #209
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCr8zy View Post

So was that had or good? He flew the dogs to you?! What type of dogs were they? Are they still with you?
Not sure if it was good or bad. They were good dogs, got along with ours and we had plenty of room/love to go around. The limit in our city is 3 dogs, we had 6 lol! The pound would hassle us once in awhile for being over limit but never took any away. One was a Newfoundland mix and other had the ears/tail of a Shepard but the colors of a beagle. When my dad would come home from work, all 6 had a 'song' , they would bark a choirs. Sadly, they aren't with us anymore.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #210
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra1990 View Post

Not sure if it was good or bad. They were good dogs, got along with ours and we had plenty of room/love to go around. The limit in our city is 3 dogs, we had 6 lol! The pound would hassle us once in awhile for being over limit but never took any away. One was a Newfoundland mix and other had the ears/tail of a Shepard but the colors of a beagle. When my dad would come home from work, all 6 had a 'song' , they would bark a choirs. Sadly, they aren't with us anymore.
Thinking of the barking choir, my old mutt scared the crap out of my mom one day with her "greeting." Nikki was a lab/husky mix (as far as we could tell) and she definitely had the husky habit of chattering and yodeling instead of barking or howling. And one day, my mom got out of her car and Nikki was in the fenced in part of the yard on side of the house, and my mom heard someone saying her name, Sharon. She freaked out and crept up to the fence, only to hear some more yips and barks, and realized it was just the dog. Pretty funny. Btw, if you have never heard a husky chattering away, you are missing out. They are hilarious.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com