Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #211
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post

Thinking of the barking choir, my old mutt scared the crap out of my mom one day with her "greeting." Nikki was a lab/husky mix (as far as we could tell) and she definitely had the husky habit of chattering and yodeling instead of barking or howling. And one day, my mom got out of her car and Nikki was in the fenced in part of the yard on side of the house, and my mom heard someone saying her name, Sharon. She freaked out and crept up to the fence, only to hear some more yips and barks, and realized it was just the dog. Pretty funny. Btw, if you have never heard a husky chattering away, you are missing out. They are hilarious.
Lol. Did the dog actually say "Sharon" or was she imagining it? I have heard the huskies and its hilarious. XD

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #212
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
She came close, I had heard her come close before. More like rar-on. I miss that dog every day. She was my buddy for like 15 years.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:35 AM   #213
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
She came close, I had heard her come close before. More like rar-on. I miss that dog every day. She was my buddy for like 15 years.
. That is a long time! When did she pass away? We got the worlds first talking dog! Lol.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:48 AM   #214
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
She passed away a few years ago, laid down in the summer sun and went in her sleep. It was the best I could have wished for her. Unlike our other dog, who we had to put down maybe two years ago after she lost the use of her back legs. She had a rough last month or so before my mom just couldn't keep her comfortable any longer. That was our standard poodle, Chanel. Full name Brahney's Chanel No. 5. She was puppy number 5 in her litter, and Chanel no. 5 is my mom's favorite perfume.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #215
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
She passed away a few years ago, laid down in the summer sun and went in her sleep. It was the best I could have wished for her. Unlike our other dog, who we had to put down maybe two years ago after she lost the use of her back legs. She had a rough last month or so before my mom just couldn't keep her comfortable any longer. That was our standard poodle, Chanel. Full name Brahney's Chanel No. 5. She was puppy number 5 in her litter, and Chanel no. 5 is my mom's favorite perfume.
We've had to put a few down before. It's hard. My grandpa had to put his down. But he did it the old fashioned way, if you know what I mean, it took him 3 days to get himself to do it.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #216
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Awww... So sweet and sad! As loss of pet always is! Love the names you Guys came up with. Hey Alyxx, I started a thread in unhealthy fish section "fin rot?", would you mind looking at the picture there when you get a chance and share some of your experience? Other then my recent one I've never dealt with illness in fish so all I know is book knowledge, but there's nothing like having actually been through it
Old 06-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #217
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra1990 View Post

We've had to put a few down before. It's hard. My grandpa had to put his down. But he did it the old fashioned way, if you know what I mean, it took him 3 days to get himself to do it.
Putting them down us not only an emotional and moral dilemma, it can also be a rather considerable expense! 4 yrs ago I had to put down 2 of my kitty boys (15 yr old litter mates suffering from thyroid disease and complications. My vet bill was just pennies short of 400$! So there is something to be said for your Grandpa's "old fashion ways" though I don't know if I could bring myself to do that. Now that vet bill did include "mass cremation" of my "boys"bodies which I regret having done, should have buried them in my backyard, but back then I was so traumatized by that whole thing that was not thinking straight
Old 06-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #218
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra1990 View Post

I would never be able to make myself do it that way to put an animal down. Shudder....

Old 06-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #219
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Awwww. Well, that is a very peaceful death. Dying while sleeping. It's really sad though too.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:05 AM   #220
Aquarium Advice Addict

i have a 1 gallon tank with a baby betta in it a 2.5 with a male veiltale betta and a 20 gallon mouse tank with 6 mice 10 gallon balloon molly tank 20 gallon planted tank two 5.5 betta tanks and a fat cockapoo haha. the last one is my chihuahua/pappillion mix that is now living at my moms because he causes to much allergies for my girlfriends mom. i rescued him from my friends rich snobby ex girlfriend that was going to send him to a 30 day shelter in florida and believe me nobody would have wanted this dog, as cute as he is, he is vicious to people who dont know him. i told them i would take him and they actually paid to fly him up here. when i first got him he would not get off my bed, but he wouldnt even let me touch him. a week after i had him he was in love with me and would literally sleep under the covers he is an awesome dog
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1664273675.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	180004   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3422057723.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	180005  

Name:	image-996067435.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	180006   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2721863687.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	180007  

Name:	image-1618787049.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	180008   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3342441266.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	180009  

Name:	image-1908911069.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	180010   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1492346272.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	180011  

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com